Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

University student finance gov.uk watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hey! Just applied for my student finance for uni start 2014/15 first year. Am confused because on the application I had to choose the uni I am going to... But I'm not sure yet on which one I want to go to, between Exeter and Manchester.
    On the application I put that I'm going to Exeter but what if I end up not going? Does this mean I have to send separate finance applications for both my choices or?
    Confused!
    Cheers for reading!!

ReputationRep:
    Any help guys?

ReputationRep:
    Have you put that as your firm?
    Just when you have your confirmation of what uni you're attending, Simply call up student finance and give them the correct details. They can then recalculate (if needed) your entitlement and pay your loan and tuition fees etc depending on what you've applied for.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by deviant182)
    Have you put that as your firm?
    Just when you have your confirmation of what uni you're attending, Simply call up student finance and give them the correct details. They can then recalculate (if needed) your entitlement and pay your loan and tuition fees etc depending on what you've applied for.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    ah right okay, no I have not received all my offers yet. Just was told I should sort my student finance out asap? cheers for help though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jakehart500)
    ah right okay, no I have not received all my offers yet. Just was told I should sort my student finance out asap? cheers for help though
    I think you wait until you have firmed an offer... perhaps even firmed and achieved the conditions of the offer (been a while since I did it). Sending off for student finance before you even have an offer makes zero sense at all I'm afraid.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Doc.Daneeka)
    I think you wait until you have firmed an offer... perhaps even firmed and achieved the conditions of the offer (been a while since I did it). Sending off for student finance before you even have an offer makes zero sense at all I'm afraid.
    actually no it doesnt, it takes a while for them to process the application and a lot less time to cancel an application or change the university

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jakehart500)
    yes you were right to do that, it takes a lot less time to amend the university on the application than for student finance to process the application itself

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 26, 2014
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.