Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Am i the only one who finds the method of marking in German unjust? watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi
    Why do they mark the German GCSE assessments on how well you can memorize it, surely for the writing it is more about selecting the appropriate choice of vocabulary or re-arranging the word order and surely for the speaking it is more about the pronunciation rather than how well you can remember it. It is a bit ridiculous and the only reason why I am getting low C's when I am targeted A*. An absolute farce in my opinion, only two people in the entire German side (almost a hundred people) got an A*. The rest of us only got C's and B's. On another note, I seem to be doing well in every other subject having got all A*'s in assessments but for some reason German is the only subject I am not doing well in and to be honest now I have just lost my initial interest in the language.

Sorry for such a rant

Sam

ReputationRep:
    You're not the only one that sees languages GCSEs are more of a memory test... Oh well, there's not much we can do other than do our best to memorise what we need to - and I think you do get marks for fluency in speaking, but I agree, GCSE doesn't really test your language skills as much as your memory skills...

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: January 20, 2014
Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.