Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Parking sensors watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    So I have recently purchased a Vauxhall Insignia. When buying I was asked if I wanted parking sensors, I didn't even ask how much, I just said no.

Now, looking at it, the car is very big, I'm gonna need parking sensors. Can I buy and fit them myself? Or is it a little tough to do?

How much would I be looking at? I think back sensors would suffice.

Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    You could buy and fit them yourself, but you'd need to take the rear bumper off and drill holes through it and then sort all the electronics out. If you find an Insignia forum you'll probably find guides. If you're not confident though I'd get someone else to do it.

From Vx you'll probably end up spending anything up to £500, but you usually get smaller garages that will do it for a lot less, you'd have to get quotes.

(Inc "...sensors are for people who can't drive herp derp...")

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maccees)
    You could buy and fit them yourself, but you'd need to take the rear bumper off and drill holes through it and then sort all the electronics out. If you find an Insignia forum you'll probably find guides. If you're not confident though I'd get someone else to do it.

From Vx you'll probably end up spending anything up to £500, but you usually get smaller garages that will do it for a lot less, you'd have to get quotes.

(Inc "...sensors are for people who can't drive herp derp...")
    Alright great, thanks. £500 including sensors? So a garage should be about 1/2 to 2/3 that amount?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GreenStarburst)
    Alright great, thanks. £500 including sensors? So a garage should be about 1/2 to 2/3 that amount?
    Including the sensors aye. Call them up and ask anyway just to be sure.

Well some places will do it for £100 including parts, you won't have Vx sensors though, they will be cheap ones like you can get off Amazon or something.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maccees)
    Including the sensors aye. Call them up and ask anyway just to be sure.

Well some places will do it for £100 including parts, you won't have Vx sensors though, they will be cheap ones like you can get off Amazon or something.
    I guess if they do the job it's good enough for me. The more expensive ones will be more accurate I'm guessing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GreenStarburst)
    I guess if they do the job it's good enough for me. The more expensive ones will be more accurate I'm guessing?
    Not so much more accurate, they'll just blend in/look nicer on your bumper, the beep won't sound like a shriek, you might get some kind of visual output for your dash as well. Only subtle stuff.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.