Hey all,

Name foods

Products
    Exercises
    Habits

Use the computer a lot more than I want to and
    I want to keep my eyes bright... because I do not want people to
    misinterpret my soul.

I get 7-8 hours of sleep daily so this is an extra thing.

By 'bright' I mean to this standard.
    http://smallville.wikia.com/wiki/Ian_Somerhalder

Thanks everyone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joyful_soul)
    Hey all,

Name foods

Products
    Exercises
    Habits

Use the computer a lot more than I want to and
    I want to keep my eyes bright... because I do not want people to
    misinterpret my soul.

I get 7-8 hours of sleep daily so this is an extra thing.

By 'bright' I mean to this standard.
    http://smallville.wikia.com/wiki/Ian_Somerhalder

Thanks everyone.
    For bright eyes, eat bright foods! Brightly coloured fruit and vegetables, such as carrots, red peppers, spinach, blueberries, strawberries etc. can help keep eyes (and skin) healthy.

As for products, there are drops and sprays which are supposed to make your eyes sparkle, but I personally wouldn't bother. Regular drops can keep your eyes hydrated in dry weather. I live in Beijing, where it is very dry and windy, so I sometimes need to use drops, or I get sore eyes.

Make sure to wash your face before you go to bed - get rid of any eye makeup or other products as these can irritate your eyes if worn for too long.

My eyes are probably my favourite feature on myself, and I usually use makeup to make my eyes pop - lots of mascara mainly.

ReputationRep:
    Can you actually make your eyes 'brighter' by changing what you eat/how much you sleep? o.O;

ReputationRep:
    Hydration! Make sure to get your 2 litres of water per day.

This helps maintain the aqeous layer on the eye to protect from damage.

ReputationRep:
    I think you can have healthier looking eyes, I wouldnt say brighter.
    Your eyes are genetic, so you can't really change the genetics to make them brighter or change colour.

But keep them healthy and radient loooking by eating fresh fruit and veg, as the above poster said brightly coloured veg is better for you as it holds more nutrients. It doesnt make your eyes brighter though, thats a myth. It just makes skin, hair and eyes healthier and more radient.

Use a caffiene roll on for dark eyes, I have a garnier one and I swear by it! I use it every 2-3 days and apply it liberally in the morning, its like a tinted moistoriser but soley for under your eyes, if you get the correct colour you dont need to use any other make up products as it will blend with your skin tone. Make sure its the caffiene one though as this adds life too dark, heavy eyes.

Make sure all eye make up is removed every night. Use luke warm water to splash the eyes every morning. Also use old tea bags once a week! let the tea bags soak in hot water them let them cool off and place them over your eyes whilst they are still warm, this reduces any puffyness you might have aquired during sitting infront of the computor. Also get your eyes tested on a regular basis to especially if your using the computor alot, and keep your self hydrated this will keep your eyes hydrated to therefor keeping them light and vibrant

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.