Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Would this course of vitamins help hair regrowth+ is it a safe amount watch

ReputationRep:
    So I've been worrying about my hairline for the past few months. I've got a deep recession on the right hand side and reason to believe the left is moving back at a rapid rate. At the age of 16 this is causing me huge stress and has made me feel very down (already self conscious about looks etc)

I started applying olive oil recently and not sure if it has had any effects, although on the right side (the more receded side) I think I can see some hair regrowth on the recession. It's not Major and the quantity of hair is not high enough to really fill the gap, however it has given me hope that I can regrow the hair and then hopefully keep it. On the contrast the left side and front seems to be still receding even though I have been doing this treatment.

I've looked into using minoxidil but unfortunately due to age restrictions I'm not aloud to use it. Although I think I could get round this I'm not sure as I do not want to become reliant on such things.

Im now looking into vitamins tablets that promote hair growth such as folic acid, biotin, zinc and iron and vitamins c tablets. I would fist like to ask will it be safe to use, and secondly with what I've said from above will it be possible to retain and possibly even regrow my hairline with the help of this medication

ReputationRep:
    I take 1,200mg of biotin daily, as well as fish oil, and a multivitamin with iron. It helps my hair grow quicker and healthier, but I don't know whether it would help your hairline.

Try it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tyrion_Lannister)
    I take 1,200mg of biotin daily, as well as fish oil, and a multivitamin with iron. It helps my hair grow quicker and healthier, but I don't know whether it would help your hairline.

Try it.
    Thanks for the reply.

If it thickens the hair I would still be happy, at the moment I can hide the recession on the right side and the left side isn't to notice and due to the way I style it can't really be seen. So if thickening maintained the hair then I would be pleased, regrowth is just an added bonus

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tommy 97)
    Thanks for the reply.

If it thickens the hair I would still be happy, at the moment I can hide the recession on the right side and the left side isn't to notice and due to the way I style it can't really be seen. So if thickening maintained the hair then I would be pleased, regrowth is just an added bonus
    Also try the inversion method. For one week every month, tip your hair upside down for 4 minutes. Only do this for one week. It increases the blood flow and gives it a growth spurt

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tyrion_Lannister)
    Also try the inversion method. For one week every month, tip your hair upside down for 4 minutes. Only do this for one week. It increases the blood flow and gives it a growth spurt
    Thanks again, I'm not worried about speed of hair growth, but if that brings more blood to the hair folicle a then hopefully it may make some active again!

ReputationRep:
    Try black Jamaican castor oil (tropical isle). It great for filling hairline. Also I wouldn't be very worried at the moment, you are going through puberty therefore your hairline may change. Doesn't mean your balding. Like my child hairline an my hairline now are very different.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by warrior-1)
    Try black Jamaican castor oil (tropical isle). It great for filling hairline. Also I wouldn't be very worried at the moment, you are going through puberty therefore your hairline may change. Doesn't mean your balding. Like my child hairline an my hairline now are very different.
    Sorry for not replying for so long, I didn't see there was a reply!

Thankyou very much and I'll do some research into the oil tomorrow ( pretty tired right now haha)

I do know that hairlines recede for the majority of men, but it's the suddenness of it as well as not having the most confidence just makes me overly worried about losing my hair ( as vain as that sounds)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tommy 97)
    Sorry for not replying for so long, I didn't see there was a reply!

Thankyou very much and I'll do some research into the oil tomorrow ( pretty tired right now haha)

I do know that hairlines recede for the majority of men, but it's the suddenness of it as well as not having the most confidence just makes me overly worried about losing my hair ( as vain as that sounds)
    listen man, its normal to be worried about your hair bro.

Yer, I use tropical isles Jamican castor oil and Emu oil..I apply them both on my hairline twice a day..just a dab.

I apply both the oils with olive oil to my whole head three times a week.

Ive got loads of hair but I noticed a slight, tiny recede...was due to uni work load I think...anyway, Ive been using these oils for like 4,5 months and my hairline has filled in. Its normal now. I have minimal hair loss..even when I shower.

I also eat a lot of chilli because chillis improve blood flow thus hair get more nutrients etc.

I could send you Amazon links for the oils bro. I have nothing to do with marketing or anything. I just wanna help a brother out. These oils work. My dad used oils all his life and his hair is great for a 55 year old man. He didnt start loosing some hair till he hit his 40s.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 2, 2014
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.