Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

I dont know what i want to do with my life? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I am currently in year 12 and i am currently failing all of my subjects. Is there a way that i can get A in all of them and if i dont pass any of them what can i do with my life.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Whenever I see your username pop up I remember you as the guy who got the 2014th post in that 2014 thread :p:

ReputationRep:
    I am currently doing maths, biology, chemistry and english

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Well, there is a lot you can do later on (but then again, i'm not all that knowledgeable since i'm only in Year 13 atm), but for now i'd focus on your a levels. Its only the end of January/start of Feb which a long way till exams.
    And, the way I see it is that you haven't failed yet, since you haven't done any actual exams yet lol.

As for subjects, Biology is basically how much you can memorise. You bareky have to apply what you learn (or thats atleast how I found it). Learn everything you need to know and do a lot of exam paper practice (i.e revise) and its not all that difficult to do fairly well.
    Chemistry is quite similar, but with more understanding. Its probably best to do a fair bit of past paper practice for Chem, and also understand the content fairly well.
    Maths is almost purely practice, once you get it, you can do nearly any question (especially for Pure Modules). I tried to finish my maths past papers with about 15-30 mins to spare so I'd have extra time left to spend on any questions I got stuck on in the the exam (which worked out quite well since I did get stuck on 1 question, but had enough time to start it again, and find where I went wrong)
    Not so sure about English though, since I didn't pick it....

As for later on, well some people in my college messed up their AS levels, so have now ended up resitting Year 12. Others carried on to Year 13 with bad AS grades but gave up on University and are in the process of applying for apprenticeships. And, some carried on to Year 13 with 1 or 2 bad grades with the intention of resitting some modules this summer.
    You can do pretty much whatever you want later on, but you should probably focus on doing as well as you can this year first (otherwise you'll regret that you could have done better, trust me).
    ps. sorry about the wall of text

ReputationRep:
    Okay so basically you have loads of time to get yourself together - its only January and I have only just started revising this month so you could start now! You have to just start trying that little bit harder. Okay so you have 168 hours in a week (if this is wrong then my maths a level is not going to go well) minus 56 hours for sleeping, minus 40 hours for school. You have 72 hours left in which to make the most of yourself. Now I know you're going to mess around for some of that time, or eat or bathe or chat to friends, but you have so much time to better yourself. Okay motivational stuff over.
    Maths is all about practice as people say - the beauty of maths is you can go into the exam and be able to predict what you are going to get. Just do past papers forever and you'll be fine. English again past papers are key - refining your technique is what it's all about and you just have to do papers and get a teacher to mark them; I am sure they would be happy to! Basically with these two subjects past papers and then maths mark yourself (though if you need help with how to reach the answer ask a teacher or post on here) and English find someone to mark it for you!

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.