The Student Room Group

i think I am going to fail PLEASE HELP

Hey TSR,
So its now January and im in AS. I have gotten D's in pretty much every maths,Biology and geography test that i have done although iam doing well in History. I admit i have in no way pulled my weight in the last three months and have done very little work. I go to a fantastic school with great facilities, where most of the people have been achieving top grades. As it is a great school and i have moved it just doesn't feel great when it comes to grades compared to my peers. Every other aspect is great. Do you think it is possible to pull up my grades to an A in three months. I am seriously getting stressed about this and would greatly appreciate any advice. I keep procrastinating even though i have a schedule and feel like giving up.

PLEASE GIVE ME ANY ADVICE YOU HAVE

Reply 1
Original post by james9678475
Hey TSR,
So its now January and im in AS. I have gotten D's in pretty much every maths,Biology and geography test that i have done although iam doing well in History. I admit i have in no way pulled my weight in the last three months and have done very little work. I go to a fantastic school with great facilities, where most of the people have been achieving top grades. As it is a great school and i have moved it just doesn't feel great when it comes to grades compared to my peers. Every other aspect is great. Do you think it is possible to pull up my grades to an A in three months. I am seriously getting stressed about this and would greatly appreciate any advice. I keep procrastinating even though i have a schedule and feel like giving up.

PLEASE GIVE ME ANY ADVICE YOU HAVE

Hi James,
I also am doing AS Biology and History. I think I may be in the same situation as you, but the best thing you can do in the last 3 months is to give it all you have got. For biology you should go over all of your notes and make sure you have a clear grasp of them; go through past paper, preferably as many as you can, mark them and do them over again until you have got the bets grade you think you can get. Also make large posters of each topic broken up. This will help with condensing down your notes to the point of reading a phrase and being able to immediately recall a certain area.
Regarding History, you say you are doing well but you could try making timelines which will help you remember the events in chronological order, depending on what unit you are studying. You could take this approach if you have not already.

Hope this helps :smile:
Reply 2
Thank YOU :smile:
Reply 3
You're welcome :cute:
Reply 4
For Biology, all you really can do is go over your notes and understand all the content +plenty of past paper practice. For some fairly old papers, try this website (don't know of you've heard of it): http://www.xtremepapers.com/
It might also be a good idea if you run out questions to try questions from other exam boards, its what my physics teacher like's to do.

As for Maths, practicing, both normal and exam questions is pretty much the only way. The more you practice, the more ready you'll be. I also tried to get into the habit of finishing a little early on past papers (say 10-15 mins) so I can check over any questions I got stuck on on to have another go.

Hope this helps

Quick Reply

Latest