Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Literally feel pain in all my bones?! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    This happens ever so often to me, and I wanted to know if I am alone in this? I have been to the doctors at least 5 times, every time they do a blood test that comes back fine. Nothing seems to get rid of this feeling.

For like 24-72 hours I get the worst pain ever in all my joints and bones. It starts out as like a growing pain sensation in my legs, but within 12 hours it's all over my body, including my ribs and skull - makes it painful to breathe. I have the shakes, I get migraines, slight sore throat, I feel weak and tired, I am also really clammy, and a weird mix of hot and cold. I also go extremely pale.

It's literally like having the flu for 24-48 hours.

I have to spend the entire time in bed, and I can't pin it down to anything. I've tried eating clean, cutting out dairy products, cutting our starchy foods, keeping myself warm, exercising, I do not understand what it is that makes me feel like this at least once a month if not more.

Spoiler contains info

Spoiler:
    Show
    I am female
    I am 20 years old
    I am completely healthy
    It is not associated with my 'time of the month'
    I am not anaemic/celiac
    I have near-on perfect BMI (not under/overweight)
    I am not allergic to anything but MSG
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    This is a shot in the dark but ask the doctor to check your endorphin & thyroid levels.

ReputationRep:
    It could be something like Fibromyalgia. Has he tested for this?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paula92xo)
    It could be something like Fibromyalgia. Has he tested for this?
    I thought this or possibly CFS, sadly its not something that can be tested for as such...

ReputationRep:
    Cold weather?or as others have said cfs or fibro?Have you been tested for lupus/arthritis?

ReputationRep:
    Could be ME or fibromyalgia? Don't mean to scare you but bone pain can be a sign of leukaemia, so get checked out!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Botticello)
    Could be ME or fibromyalgia? Don't mean to scare you but bone pain can be a sign of leukaemia, so get checked out!
    I did think this as my dad has just been diagnosed, especially with the clamminess... but I would have thought that a high white cell count would have come up on blood tests.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kabloomybuzz)
    I did think this as my dad has just been diagnosed, especially with the clamminess... but I would have thought that a high white cell count would have come up on blood tests.
    Yeah, it would have shown on the blood tests. Be persistent or try another doctor to get a second opinion. How long has this been going on? It's important to keep trying because as I wasn't that persistent it took around 5 years before I was diagnosed with Crohn's Disease. Hope things work out!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 2, 2014
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.