Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

What job can I do?! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    So I've been looking for a part time job lately, and I've found some really cool looking ones e.g 'after-school science presenter' like woah. but they all seem to want experience!!
    I'm a year 13 student studying A levels in Maths, Chem and Bio.
    I'm pretty sure with a little training I could do most jobs I 've come across XD But has anyone got any ideas on types of part time jobs I'd be suited/able to do?
    Also I've worked in retail before, but looking for something new.. And I shudder at the thought of working in fast food/restaurant environment hungry people=angry people. heeell no

ReputationRep:
    apply for te interesting ones anyway (just try and write something which implies you will have the skills needed to do the job, even if it's not work related), if you can manage to get an interview you can show your capabilities much more

but accept that its not going to be easy to find a fun job ad there's a reason 99% of people your age do retail, food and telesales...

I would say do some volunteering to gain skills for more interesting jobs but if you're going to going to uni in 9 months might not be worth it
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Moved to Part-Time and Temporary Employment section

ReputationRep:
    Army Reserves? Part time & you get a reasonable pay.

http://www.army.mod.uk/territorial/31781.aspx

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.