Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

I have a huge procrastination problem, anyone help? Tips would be useful

I have this very problem sometimes , i guess you just have to think about why putting the work in now would be better for you in the future Setting yourself really clear goals , like ' I have to revise this specific topic and answer practice exam questions by the end of this week' should also help , and if you're organised it should make everything easier ... goodluck

Thank you

Posted from TSR Mobile

Think of it this way, if you suffer now, things will be a lot easier come the time you want to be doing. Like, if you start revising sooner rather than later, you won't have that massive pressure of trying to cram and you'll be a lot happier come the time.

I have the same problem though, As said above, I try to set goals and targets for what I want done for when, and long term goals, so say, I want to get into Uni in 2015 entry, I break it down into smaller targets so it doesn't seem as over whelming. Getting into a good routine helps too and rewarding myself for the work I've done also helps. You don't have to do things all at once either, if you break it into smaller blocks or do different things (without spreading yourself to thin) it makes life much easier as you aren't going to be distracted.

Starting into revision is always hard but once you get into routine it gets easier, but don't do it all at once - build revision up over time
Have you ever experienced racism/sexism at uni?
Useful resources

Study tools

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.