username1343231
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
I have done my mocks and I have managed to get a B in maths, A in chemistry, B in Physics and A in Computing. I'm planning to becoming an engineer and go into Software or chemical engineering. Any ideas for this path?

Thanks guys
TheSnail
Badges: 17
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by veebakkas)
I have done my mocks and I have managed to get a B in maths, A in chemistry, B in Physics and A in Computing. I'm planning to becoming an engineer and go into Software or chemical engineering. Any ideas for this path?

Thanks guys
Your subjects sound great for your aspirations.
Engineering = maths and physics
Software = computing and maths (probably physics too)
Chemical engineering = chemistry and maths

So yep I would say those subjects are great for you. To be sure check out the course search on UCAS at the unis you may consider to see their requirements.
oyyoyy
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
You might want to consider Further Maths too, although it is quite difficult compared to A level Maths, and is not strictly required for software or chemical engineering
username1343231
Rep:
(Original post by oyyoyy)
You might want to consider Further Maths too, although it is quite difficult compared to A level Maths, and is not strictly required for software or chemical engineering

I'm not too confident with my mathematical ability, do I need an A* to be able to do Further Maths? Also, is Further Maths and Advanced Further Maths really important in terms of Maths in general, does it make a difference?

Thanks again
oyyoyy
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
I'm not too confident with my mathematical ability, do I need an A* to be able to do Further Maths? Also, is Further Maths and Advanced Further Maths really important in terms of Maths in general, does it make a difference?

Thanks again
Realistically you need to be confident with the A level maths syllabus to be able to cope with the further maths material, if you find c3/c4 hard then FP2/FP3 will be considerably tougher. In any case, speak to a maths teacher that knows your ability at your school and see what they think about you doing further maths.
username1343231
Rep:
Thanks for the advice, really helpful

Posted from TSR Mobile
username1343231
Rep:
Thanks, I will

Posted from TSR Mobile
Emma:-)
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 7 years ago

Thanks guys
Id choose physics, chemistry, maths and computing/ICT.
That should cover all areas.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (8)
10%
Okay (26)
32.5%
A bit lacking (22)
27.5%
Not good at all (24)
30%

Watched Threads