The Student Room Group

Foundation Course Funding

Hello everyone,

Currently I do AS's and I am trying to plan my nearest future. I feel like studying Architecture or Art at University. Therefore, I would like to take Foundation Course in Art. I know that I cannot get student loan for that because it is Further Education (Higher Education is university).

I will be taking a gap year so that I would be able to apply for most of the loans as a UK resident.
I found out a loan called 'Proffesional and Career Development Loans'. In the eligibilty it says that I have to be living in the UK for 3 years and that I should plan to work in the UK just after the course.

Does it mean that I won't be able to go to uni after taking such a loan?
The other question is will I be given the Steudent Loan for the uni since I would have already taken a loan for Foundation Course?

What do you guys think about it?
Do you have any other ideas I could fund my Foundation Course?

Cheers,
Girouard
Reply 1
Original post by Girouard
Hello everyone,

Currently I do AS's and I am trying to plan my nearest future. I feel like studying Architecture or Art at University. Therefore, I would like to take Foundation Course in Art. I know that I cannot get student loan for that because it is Further Education (Higher Education is university).

I will be taking a gap year so that I would be able to apply for most of the loans as a UK resident.
I found out a loan called 'Proffesional and Career Development Loans'. In the eligibilty it says that I have to be living in the UK for 3 years and that I should plan to work in the UK just after the course.

Does it mean that I won't be able to go to uni after taking such a loan?
The other question is will I be given the Steudent Loan for the uni since I would have already taken a loan for Foundation Course?

What do you guys think about it?
Do you have any other ideas I could fund my Foundation Course?

Cheers,
Girouard

You won't be eligible for any loan for the Art foundation course. If you are under 19 when you go then it's free. The Career development loan is for postgraduate courses which lead directly to a job.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending