why are women so obsessed with celebrity gossip?

Watch
enthuziazmz
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
and why especially with pregnant celebrities? who cares why some other woman you don't even know is preggo?
Hellcat12
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I am not.....

Why do you care, anyways?
enthuziazmz
Rep:
?
(Original post by Hellcat12)
I am not.....

Why do you care, anyways?

why do you care why i care?
Hellcat12
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by enthuziazmz)
why do you care why i care?
Don't get your hopes high. You asked the whole community this question, surely we would comment on it.

Anyways on the serious note.
Women are born gossipers, they enjoy drama, scandals, idolising or commenting on the lives of other women specially the famous ones. It's phycological and there is nothing wrong in it unless they harm the second person in some way, after all, why many men are interested in Sports celebrities and gym?
So, not every woman does this, neither is it bad but if it annoys you so much, don't have acquaintance with such ladies, I agree, they can be a real pain with all the chattering and useless research over a celebrity.
enthuziazmz
Rep:
?
(Original post by Hellcat12)
Don't get your hopes high. You asked the whole community this question, surely we would comment on it.

Anyways on the serious note.
Women are born gossipers, they enjoy drama, scandals, idolising or commenting on the lives of other women specially the famous ones. It's phycological and there is nothing wrong in it unless they harm the second person in some way, after all, why many men are interested in Sports celebrities and gym?
So, not every woman does this, neither is it bad but if it annoys you so much, don't have acquaintance with such ladies, I agree, they can be a real pain with all the chattering and useless research over a celebrity.
men like sports but they don't give a **** who ribery is dating or if messi's wife/gf is preggo. they only care about seeing them play. and get my hopes high for what?
Hellcat12
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by enthuziazmz)
men like sports but they don't give a **** who ribery is dating or if messi's wife/gf is preggo. they only care about seeing them play. and get my hopes high for what?
Sheesh, man. What happened to you? Personal injury? Why so bitter?

Some Women have more leanings towards these social aspects, what's wrong in it?
95winoj
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
lol omdz, i ask myself this everyday when i browse through the daily mail...
hajinator
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I'm a man and I am
genuinelydense
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by hajinator)
I'm a man and I am
out of all the things you could spend your time doing...
Viva Emptiness
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Quality thread, solid topic.
anontsr
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Because they want to feel like a celebrity themselves and most of the time are jealous.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sean O Pry
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
It's really pathetic.

2 biggest things I look for in a girl:
1) Not a feminist
2) Not infatuated with celeb gossip.
r_u_jelly
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Because they have nice lives and are pretty , they r what women aspire to be so wear whatever they wear
miser
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I think there would have been an evolutionary pressure to understand the minutiae of others' lives, perhaps for its function in determining social hierarchy.
Welsh_insomniac
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Viva Emptiness)
Quality thread, solid topic.
You seem to get offended any time someone makes a thread about girls

OP, I'm not sure, but I find those magazines, "Hello", or whatever just absolute trash.
Viva Emptiness
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Welsh_insomniac)
You seem to get offended any time someone makes a thread about girls
Yes, it must seem that way, however I'm not offended at the nature of the question, just the ******ed question in general hurts my heart on behalf of mankind.

On the other hand, maybe I am a bit offended because although none of these threads apply to me I feel like I'm being tarred with the same ****ty brush for being a woman.

Who knows, hopefully the first one.
Welsh_insomniac
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Viva Emptiness)
Yes, it must seem that way, however I'm not offended at the nature of the question, just the ******ed question in general hurts my heart on behalf of mankind.

On the other hand, maybe I am a bit offended because although none of these threads apply to me I feel like I'm being tarred with the same ****ty brush for being a woman.

Who knows, hopefully the first one.
I constantly think my mental state would be much better off if I stopped coming on this forum and getting annoyed at all these **** threads
Viva Emptiness
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Welsh_insomniac)
I constantly think my mental state would be much better off if I stopped coming on this forum and getting annoyed at all these **** threads
Lol, I know. I didn't even realise I was a shallow, *****y attention-whore who thrived on gossip until I came here :dontknow: I guess it's always good to be self-aware!
meenu89
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
The only gossip I'm into is political.
Founts123
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I think some girls are interested in celebrity gossip in the same way that men are interested in football gossip.

For example a girl reading aboout a celebrity love triangle has significant parralels to a man reading about a new transfer rumour. It gives them the same buzz and it is not just girls that like to readabout rumours, just different types!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (19)
28.79%
No - I have already returned home (8)
12.12%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (13)
19.7%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (5)
7.58%
No - I live at home during term anyway (21)
31.82%

Watched Threads