Who's your favourite video game villain?

Watch
Jargogle
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I want to know which video game villain you like the most. It can be based on any factor; how evil they are, how intelligent they are, how difficult they are to defeat in the game that they feature in, it can be anything at all.

My favourite would have to be Dr. Nitrus Brio from the Crash Bandicoot series. I know the most obvious choice would be Dr. Neo Cortex, but I've never really liked him very much. In my opinion, he's just never seemed as villainous when compared to Brio, especially since Brio has always been more intelligent than Cortex. I mean fair enough, Cortex is certainly evil enough to be classed as a villain and he's certainly more evil than Brio, but the fact that he takes the credit for Brio's hard work just makes him seem like, frankly, a rather pathetic villain.

It was Brio that created the evolvo ray, as well as the mutagenic toxin that he uses to turn himself into a gigantic, hulking beast in order to combat Crash. Whereas Cortex does hardly anything, certainly in the first Crash Bandicoot anyway.

mikeyd85
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Vaas from Far Cry 3. He's just nuts.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
aflyingfarmer
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I agree with the fact that brio is better than cortex, however if you go into the other crash games like CTR.. you gotta admit each villian was awesome in their own right.. there wasnt a single crap boss in my opinion... and if i was to make a decision of who is the best villian, and it has to be from the Crash franchise, im torn between ripper roo and pinstripe. but i do beleive pinstripe has the upper hand just because he has so much swag. :yes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Jargogle
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
(Original post by aflyingfarmer)
I agree with the fact that brio is better than cortex, however if you go into the other crash games like CTR.. you gotta admit each villian was awesome in their own right.. there wasnt a single crap boss in my opinion... and if i was to make a decision of who is the best villian, and it has to be from the Crash franchise, im torn between ripper roo and pinstripe. but i do beleive pinstripe has the upper hand just because he has so much swag. :yes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've never played Crash Team Racing. I agree though, Pinstripe is one cool fella.
liomeeringca
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
David from The Last of Us. Nolan North does a heck of a good job making a really nasty unsettling character.
MalteseMalteser
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by liomeeringca)
David from The Last of Us. Nolan North does a heck of a good job making a really nasty unsettling character.
I agree! He really comes across as a displaced, desperate character!

Other than that, I'd probably say the Prophet of Truth from Halo - so blinded in his beliefs and thoughts, makes a speech just before he dies (and what the Arbiter says before he kills him is pretty epic too). Appears old, wise, and slightly deranged.
nohomo
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
The End from Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater made for a cool boss battle.
anosmianAcrimony
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
No one has said GLaDOS? TSR, I am disappoint!
SecretDuck
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Dagoth Ur from Morrowind.

He was a very well-written character, it wasn't black and white like Dagon or Alduin. Too bad you couldn't join him without mods
Plantagenet Crown
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Voldemort.
Caedus
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I liked Saren Aterius from the first Mass Effect.
dlaiden
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
The Illusive Man from Mass Effect 2/3 (he at the very least counts as an anti-hero in 2) and the Narrator from Crackdown. Oh, what they could have done with Crackdown 2...

Posted from TSR Mobile
EllieC130
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I quite liked Lucien from Fable 2, even if the boss fight with him was pretty anti climactic.
The Socktor
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Caesar hands down.
sufferin succotash
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Tbh the first thing that came to mind for me was Dr neo cortex! Dunno always thought he was awesome!
Vamp from metal gear solid 2
Ocelot from metal gear as well
Hmmmm there are more but I can't think if any atm

Posted from TSR Mobile
sufferin succotash
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Oh my god! Killzone Scolar Visari! "Sons daughters of Helghan!"

Posted from TSR Mobile
justanotherposter
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Jargogle)
I want to know which video game villain you like the most. It can be based on any factor; how evil they are, how intelligent they are, how difficult they are to defeat in the game that they feature in, it can be anything at all.

My favourite would have to be Dr. Nitrus Brio from the Crash Bandicoot series. I know the most obvious choice would be Dr. Neo Cortex, but I've never really liked him very much. In my opinion, he's just never seemed as villainous when compared to Brio, especially since Brio has always been more intelligent than Cortex. I mean fair enough, Cortex is certainly evil enough to be classed as a villain and he's certainly more evil than Brio, but the fact that he takes the credit for Brio's hard work just makes him seem like, frankly, a rather pathetic villain.

It was Brio that created the evolvo ray, as well as the mutagenic toxin that he uses to turn himself into a gigantic, hulking beast in order to combat Crash. Whereas Cortex does hardly anything, certainly in the first Crash Bandicoot anyway.

Brio actually helps Crash in the second game because he wants revenge for Cortex claiming credit for his inventions, if you get all the gems Brio makes a laser cannon that harnesses their power and blows Cortex's space station out of the sky (which is where Crash 3 starts from.)

Have to agree David from tLou is the best villain, he was far scarier than any of the infected in the game, was really surprised when I found out Nolan North voiced him, he did a fantastic job.
GR3YFOXXX
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Sepiroth in FFVII, Edea in FFVIII, Sin in FFX. Come to think about it, the FF games always seem to have good villains. Grey Fox in MGS. Codename 47 (come on, he's definitely the villain if you think about it).
Kaikokylie
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Officer Tenpenny from GTA San Andreas, i thought he was quite funny.
bordercollies10
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Ripto from the Spyro series?
He reincarnated back into himself after Gateway to Glimmer, since he appears in Enter the Dragonfly and Season of Flame (Game Boy Color game). I can only assume that the series is chronologically correct!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (128)
29.77%
No (302)
70.23%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed