The Student Room Group
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website

BA Fashion Journalism 2014 Applicants

Just thought I'd make a new thread particularly for BA Fashion Journalism applicants of 2014, who have applied to LCF or CSM. I've applied to both and am getting really anxious about the wait, because loads of other courses are hearing about portfolio's and interviews, yet i haven't heard anything yet!

Scroll to see replies

I have also applied for the same course in both Unis and haven't received any offer yet, but I got an email confirming my application. Hopefully we'll find out soon :smile:
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website
Reply 2
I applied for fashion journalism at lfc
And journalism at lcc
Not heard from them yet tho :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
I've applied and I havent heard anything so Im glad Im not the only one!! :smile:
Good luck on your applications
Reply 4
I've applied at LCF (Central st martins) and have just got an email in an article we have to write and send. Anyone at this point?
Original post by Livigoodman
I've applied at LCF (Central st martins) and have just got an email in an article we have to write and send. Anyone at this point?

I just got the email too! Kinda nervous..
Reply 6
Me too! Are we writing about our views on contemporary fashion?
Yes! But I have no idea what to write about :s-smilie:
Reply 8
so bloody excited, i've just finished writing a 200 word piece for london met and shortening it was so tricky. hopefully blabbing all about fashion in 800 words won't be so hard?!
Reply 9
I was offered a. Interview for fashion journalism at LCF on Tuesday 18th feb, anyone else in this situation?
Hello, I'm french and I was offered an interview for BA Fashion Journalism at LCF on 18th february too!
Reply 11
How are you preparing for your fashion journalism interview and what sort of piece of writing are you taking.
I am applying to BA Fashion Journalism (CSM) and they asked me to submit a journalistic article (approx 800 words) so I think I will take it for the interview at LCF too. I am preparing for my fashion journalislm interviews in searching the internet the questions they can ask (what do you do in your free time, what is your favorite fashion designer, fashion writer, why this course is for you...) in working my english, and you have to know inside out your statement because they may ask questions about that.
Am i the only one who doesn't have a 'portfolio' for fashion journalism. I do have work in media in terms of website production(fashion website),blogging,vlogging ( fashion based).
I am really worried as I've received my offer for journalism but heard nothing for fashion journalism and I'm pretty sure all the interviews are being done within the week of the 13-23rd :frown:
I don't even have a blog or anything of that sort - this is completely new to me but I an extremely interested in the course. They're looking for your passion in the subject, not a load of experience. But what you have is more than me and sounds really interesting - I wouldn't worry!
Reply 15
i have tons of experience within fashion journalism and regularly write articles for my blog/various other blogs. however, my grades are shockingly sh** and universities tend to choose grades over talent. if your grades are good, you have the passion and are good at writing in general i'm sure you'll be fine. as for me, i have to fight my way in :-( i've had an interview at UCA and am currently waiting for an offer, london met have given me a conditional (currently in contact with them - as i've already left college i should of been offered an unconditional or rejection) and i'm currently doing my 800 words on contemporary fashion for another uni. STRESSFUL!
I have virtually no experience in fashion journalism too, because I am a little lazy to write articles regularly for a blog BUT I am absolutely passionate about fashion, I have strong writing skills (in french), and really good grades. Who have a portfolio for fashion journalism and how does it look like? Is it disadvantangeous if you don't have one?
Reply 17
i have had conditional offers from uca southhampton and London met, and sent my CSM article already, BUT i am g=yet to hear from LCF anyone else in this position? i am really nervous i have work experience working with Antonio Berardi, but my grades are not A's more C's :frown:
Finally London College of Fashion has offered me a place in BA Fashion Journalism! Still waiting for an answer for an interview at CSM. And you? Someone knows how many applicants in Fashion Journalism at LCF and at CSM?
Reply 19
Has anyone had an email for interview for fashion journalism at csm?? Does anyone know wen interviews are due to be held?? Many thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending