Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

I have my 1st PGCE primary interview, at Roehampton on Wednesday.. It's the only uni that has considered me, as my other choices were unsuccessful..
    I'm quite nervous as I don't want to blow it and I fear I'm now over thinking everything!

if anyone could leave me some advice and help I will really appreciate as when I'm nervous I tend to forget everything!!

1) the interview booklet says that I will have to talk about current initiatives/issues.. I have a lot to say about the performance scale pay in relation to teaching and children's learning.. I'm also interested in the national curriculum 2014 but reading on it hasn't helped my understanding of it, if anyone knows much about it, that would be helpful

2) I must bring in an object to say how it will help me engage in children's learning., have a few ideas on this.. Possibly an object that stimulates creative writing.. Any thoughts/suggestions to inspire?

3) my reasons for primary teaching... I feel that saying I love kids is cliche and unoriginal.. Of course the idea of being a role model and having a huge responsibility over children really motivates me.. I just hope they see i am genuine about it.. Any great points I should make ?

4) the booklet mentioned that they will be looking for my subject knowledge and depth? I have no idea what they mean by this?

Sorry for the mini-essay! I will probably post some threads on current govt issues on the debates category to look at others perspectives.

thankyou for reading and replying if you do!

How did your interview go? I have mine on Wednesday! I wondered if you could give me some advice? I am really worried about the written section, I have heard that a few people have been asked to write about childrens learning and so I have planned for that but if you could give me some direction with what to prepare, that would be great. Also what did you decide to use for your presentation in the end?

Any other pointers would be really appreciated! Thank you

Dolly x
What's the best type of cheese?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.