Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Have I done the right thing with this guy ? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I have known him for 2 years and we have been ok as mates but he really made it out as if we were really close when were not. The reason he thinks this is because im genuinely an open an person, but he thinks its just with him lol.

He then told me he has "strong feelings" for me and then I thought wtf is he gay. Then a few weeks later he told me he was. I had told him numerous times I will hang out with him so long as he stops constantly calling/texting me and that were going to hang out less as I am NOT gay.

So he said no and started arguing saying how we have been together and how good it has. But we have only been friends, nothing more and he cant accept it and claims it's a relationship lol.

Since we stopped talking he said he feels horrible as he gave me a lot of time. But he takes things too far and has started speaking to my friends, they dont know him and there pretty freaked out.

Tbh I have told him enough times to speak less and stop being "gay" around me but he dosent so I have had enough and have stopped speaking to him. I am going block his number as he sends me constand text and calls a day/

Am I right in what im doing. PS im staight

ReputationRep:
    Well yes. He's got a crush on you and you're not gay so you can't pretend to be anything more than a friend, which he seems to not accept. Leave him, and see what he does, perhaps he'll see sense and accept friendship or nothing.

ReputationRep:
    i feel a bit sorry for him, it must have been hard for him, but yes i think you've done the right thing but don't make him feel ashamed of being gay, thats who he is and making him feel different will just make him feel different and so then cling onto you more or what he imagines is between you two.
    You have done the right thing but try to put yourself in his shoes be supportive but distant and set some ground rules

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 21, 2014
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.