Turn on thread page Beta

Does anyone else think House of Cards is the best political series ever? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone else think House of Cards is the best political series at the moment?

ReputationRep:
    Nope.
    Perhaps currently - representing the current political climate - it might the best out there, but you can't ignore other shows, from the slightly older The Thick of It or The West Wing, to the much older Yes Minister/Prime Minister or the original British version of House of Cards.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sallyware)
    Does anyone else think House of Cards is the best political series ever?
    (Original post by Drewski)
    Nope.
    Perhaps currently - representing the current political climate - it might the best out there, but you can't ignore other shows, from the slightly older The Thick of It or The West Wing, to the much older Yes Minister/Prime Minister or the original British version of House of Cards.
    If you mean the original series - and you haven't said that you don't - then possibly yes. It's a close run thing with the West Wing, though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drewski)
    Nope.
    Yeah, I should probably change the question best political series at the moment, The Thick of It is always excellent, however I've always found USA politics much more interesting thank UK.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    The West Wing will always be number one.

House of Cards is great, though. Spacey is a great actor.

ReputationRep:
    The US one has nothing on the British series.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L i b)
    The US one has nothing on the British series.
    I was just looking through this site to see what people's thoughts on the UK version were.

I just started the american one and I think its a really good show and I'm thinking about watching the UK one afterwards. What would you say the british one does better? Or what does the US version lack?

ReputationRep:
    No, The West Wing is. House of Cards is very good though.

ReputationRep:
    The West Wing is better written, but I reckon House of Cards (either version) is more realistic.

ReputationRep:
    I do love the way House of Card is shot, the way Spacey talks into the camera as if you can hear his thoughts. Its makes the actual dialogue a lot better because they can't explain everything for the idiots in those out takes instead of the usual painful conversations to ensure the audience doesn't miss anything.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    I haven't seen the West Wing or the original House of Cards, but I've watched the first series of the US version and very much enjoyed it.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.