Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

hi everyone, i was waondering if anyone knows of any useful functions and buttons etc that would be helpful for A-level maths and physics?
    i've looked in the manual and it all seems very advanced, i'm just trying to make the exams a little easier by being able to check answers etc.

Casio Fx-991ES Plus
    OCR B physics
    EDEXCEL MATHS (c1-4, M1, S1)

The differentiation and integration capability - invaluable for checking results especially of integration between limits and results from the trapezium rule
    Table mode, to generate a table of values for a function, can be used to help with sketching and can be used with the factor theorem (mode table) and with trapezium rule. You need to be able to find the X button - shift )
    The equation solver - to solve quadratic and cubic equations (mode eqn)
    You'll need the nCr button for binomial expansion
    The log to any base button helps solve problems in bases other than 10 and e

The stats functions are not particularly useful as exam questions tend to be designed to confer no real advantage in using them, you have to show your working anyway and it's usually quicker to do it without them.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Have you ever experienced racism/sexism at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.