Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

How long should a Paypal transaction take to come out of your bank account? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I ask because about three weeks ago I made a purchase online, then another a week later from the same place. I have received what I paid for and got the usual Paypal receipts and confirmation yet the money STILL hasn't gone out of my account! I've never had a Paypal transaction take this long to go out before, including off this site. Is three weeks usual?

They were large purchases so I want the money to go out sooner rather than randomly surprising me and going out at a time I least expect my balance to decrease, if that makes sense.

ReputationRep:
    It usualy goes out fairly quickly for me, like within a few hours, at most 24 hours, could be a problem with the sellers setup/account?

I'm sure its fine and there is some reasonable explanation, have you tried contacting your bank or paypal about it?

ReputationRep:
    Are you sure it's gone out go to back ask for a statement it might have gone out and you hadn't realised. If it hasn't contact paypal

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LukeM90)
    It usualy goes out fairly quickly for me, like within a few hours, at most 24 hours, could be a problem with the sellers setup/account?

I'm sure its fine and there is some reasonable explanation, have you tried contacting your bank or paypal about it?

(Original post by Sanddancerlass)
    Are you sure it's gone out go to back ask for a statement it might have gone out and you hadn't realised. If it hasn't contact paypal

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ok now I'm seriously confused... I went onto my Paypal account to see what it said about my payments. The last four card numbers of the place it's taken out of don't match mine! How is that possible?! I've also checked and they don't match my expired one either (not like that should have worked). So the money have (successfully) gone out of a different card that I don't recognise on my passworded paypal account. I'm beyond confused.

Edit: Only thing I can think is that it's my mum's card. Shizzle. It was something I shouldn't have been buying anyway cos it was so expensive yet now I'm going to have to tell her about it and it will show on her bank statement. Damn. I can't think who else's it would be.

ReputationRep:
    Contact paypal

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    If youve ever used a parents card to buy somthing over the net, especially through paypal then that could be it!

I remember before I had a visa card I couldnt book from my local cinama online, they only acepted mastercard, visa and visa debiti

when I got a visa debit I went to book and it had saved details on my account from mums card and charged it to her, I had to let her know and give her the money before she panicked xD

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.