Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Organic Skin care watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Answers from men preferred, and I am on a budget (but can invest if they're fantastic):

What is your routine
    How much do these products last?

I have normal/oily skintone. No major acne, very
    rarely get pimples but have little red spots on face
    from previous breakouts.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Okay, I'm not male, but I think I can help. First off, find a gentle cleanser, you don't want anything that strips off your oil. When oil is stripped from your skin, it is left dry, so your skin goes into overdrive to combat the dryness it's feeling by producing more oil. You don't want that.

I would recommend the oil cleanse if you don't want a long skin care routine. The oil cleanse cleanses and moisturises at the same time. You will need castor oil which can be found here. Castor oil is the oil that helps to cleanse the skin.
    Then you will need a moisturising oil such as avocado oil, macadamia oil, rosehip oil or argan oil. Make sure all of these oils are cold pressed. They wont be hard to find, I've added links to all of them so you can get a good price.
    Then you will need a flannel to gently rub it all off, then you are done. You can get a pack of flannels for £2, I think, at Primark.

What you need to do is put a little bit of castor oil into your palm, then add the same amount of another oil on top, then just rub it across your dry face. Gently massage for a minute, especially your nose if you have blackheads. You may feel something grainy on your face, that's your blackheads dislodging. Then wet your flannel with hot water, but not too hot that you can't touch it, then lay it on your face for a few seconds and wipe it all off. And if you want, splash you face with water afterwards.

I think it's best to do this at night, then wash your face with water in the morning and add a small amount of oil on your skin in the morning. Oils are very versatile and cheaper than store bought products, and will last you longer and work better. You will need to experiment. If you find that your skin is too dry, add more moisturising oil. If it's too oily, add more castor oil.

I hope this helps. Contact me if you need any help or have any questions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iAngely)
    Okay, I'm not male, but I think I can help. First off, find a gentle cleanser, you don't want anything that strips off your oil. When oil is stripped from your skin, it is left dry, so your skin goes into overdrive to combat the dryness it's feeling by producing more oil. You don't want that.

I would recommend the oil cleanse if you don't want a long skin care routine. The oil cleanse cleanses and moisturises at the same time. You will need castor oil which can be found here. Castor oil is the oil that helps to cleanse the skin.
    Then you will need a moisturising oil such as avocado oil, macadamia oil, rosehip oil or argan oil. Make sure all of these oils are cold pressed. They wont be hard to find, I've added links to all of them so you can get a good price.
    Then you will need a flannel to gently rub it all off, then you are done. You can get a pack of flannels for £2, I think, at Primark.

What you need to do is put a little bit of castor oil into your palm, then add the same amount of another oil on top, then just rub it across your dry face. Gently massage for a minute, especially your nose if you have blackheads. You may feel something grainy on your face, that's your blackheads dislodging. Then wet your flannel with hot water, but not too hot that you can't touch it, then lay it on your face for a few seconds and wipe it all off. And if you want, splash you face with water afterwards.

I think it's best to do this at night, then wash your face with water in the morning and add a small amount of oil on your skin in the morning. Oils are very versatile and cheaper than store bought products, and will last you longer and work better. You will need to experiment. If you find that your skin is too dry, add more moisturising oil. If it's too oily, add more castor oil.

I hope this helps. Contact me if you need any help or have any questions.
    Thanks a lot, this is really helpful.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.