The Student Room Group

Retake A levels or Move forward?

My current situation:
Currently unemployed at home (18 Years of Age) because i thought it was a smart idea to go through IT and computing through an apprenticeship route, which so far has been a terrible idea since the only things i can ever find require experience, are essentially customer support and the software development and other stuff i'd like to do are in places like 10+ miles away. i don't have a car nor the patience to take 4+ busses every day,

My A level grades were terrible because of the fact that all my teachers teaching methods were to play a powerpoint theyve stored for years or given to them by another teacher and simply read the slides one by one. Aswell as my very own lack of determination.

My Grades at A Level
Computing : C
Biology : D
Chemistry : E

I can't get into any college i try to because they think that im one of those ugys who retakes like the rest of them and just gets the same grades since i already have what they class as 'good grades' and they tell me to 'move on' and 'you can get into uni with those grades' yeah haha, thats great. NO. if im going to pay £30,000 for a uni course i'm going to a Good Uni. A Good Uni or none at all since most of the time going to a low ranked uni is the same as not going at all...

i would very much like to retake these a levels as i know i can get at least BBB if not ABB

My GCSE Grades to compare are (too long to list)
11 GCSE's A-C Keeping in ming only 2 of those 11 were C's

To finalise i would like to know what you guys think i should do from here

Quick Reply

Latest