Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Basically I signed up to Englishtown to help someone learn English for the introductory offer of £1 for first month.
    and now I want to cancel my subscription because it is £50 per month.
    They say they cannot locate my email address so I emailed and they said they need the following information to look into it-

Your full name:
    Card holder's full name:
    Email address: (The email address you first subscribed.)
    Credit card number: (First 6 digits******Last 4 digits)

Does this sound OK?

Please help , i'm really worrying

thanks

ReputationRep:
    Sounds dodgy. No one should require that level of information to cancel a subscription. I'd recommend cancelling the subscription through your bank. You will need to call your bank and tell them about it.

ReputationRep:
    That does sound pretty weird. I'd call your bank asap and cancel the subscription that way and check your bank to make sure the amount of money you think has gone out actually has and no more/less. I don't know how they can't "find" your e-mail address since pretty much every website these days require it for sign up, it should be stored in a database and pretty near impossible to lose. D:

ReputationRep:
    Email them back, thank them for their time but advise that you will cancel it through your bank.

Phone the bank, cancel it, job done.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.