Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm studying at Heriot-Watt University in Edinburgh, I'm happy to answer any questions you have about the course, the accommodation (I live in halls) or anything else you want to know.

ReputationRep:
    what do u do in computer sciences? it sounds so interesting

ReputationRep:
    What's your favourite first-year topic?

ReputationRep:
    I am second year Computer Science student and I still don't understand the point of these threads.

ReputationRep:
    What specific field of computer science would you like to work in?

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure to be honest, it'd be great to work for a huge company like Google or IBM or something, but at the moment I haven't really put much thought into it. I'm sure I'll decide what I want to do at some point, but to be honest I'll probably end up taking the first job I can after I finish uni.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CJKay)
    I am second year Computer Science student and I still don't understand the point of these threads.

A lot of people have just sent off their UCAS applying for CS and this time last year I had a few questions about the course etc and would have found this thread useful.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jooooshy)
    What's your favourite first-year topic?

Um, Soft Dev isn't too bad, it can be tricky because I'm a complete beginner in Java, but it's a good feeling when you start to understand things.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by swedgered)
    Um, Soft Dev isn't too bad, it can be tricky because I'm a complete beginner in Java, but it's a good feeling when you start to understand things.
    Did you know any languages before you started?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jooooshy)
    Did you know any languages before you started?
    I learned TrueBASIC in school and I was pretty good with that but Java's completely different.

ReputationRep:
    I learned TrueBASIC in school and I was pretty good with that but Java's completely different.
    Never heard of TrueBASIC I'm also a first year compsci student

ReputationRep:
    A lot of people have just sent off their UCAS applying for CS and this time last year I had a few questions about the course etc and would have found this thread useful.
    And why are you more suited to answer these questions ? especially when, either most of these questions are common, or everyone should be open for everyone to view collaborate/answer. This format messes and reduces the point of having a forum ( I'm having a go at you because I constantly see these idiotic threads sprinkled around the forum, it's not personal).

Second of all, don't get me wrong but first year of cs is like kindergarten, so you aren't really qualified to answer ( when you finish 2nd/3rd year you will understand :P)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CJKay)
    Where do you study Computer Science?
    What is your favourite subject in CS?

ReputationRep:
    Do you learn how to hack in CS?

~Ashley~

ReputationRep:
    How many BTECers are on your course?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 6, 2014
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.