Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Ever since I dropped out of sixth form because of mental health issues, my family relationship has deteriorated dramatically. My mother says I have to find a job within 3 weeks or I'm going to be thrown out of the house, and considering I only have GCSE's to my name and have never written a CV before, I don't even know where to start.

I've explained to her once already that I don't wish to go straight into a job, and that I would wish to take a break, and then re-do my A-levels, maybe alongside an apprenticeship, at a later date. Of course, she wouldn't be willing to listen to my point of view - she only cares about the money, not the emotion.

So, I'm in desperate need of help here. I have no idea what to do - should I write this CV and pray to the gods? Should I tell her I don't want to go into a job and become homeless? Where should I go!?

In desperate need of help here.

Shima33

ReputationRep:
    http://www.totaljobs.com/careers-advice/cv-and-cover-letter/non-graduate-first-job-cv-template

Hi! I am really sorry to hear about your situation - I think you should speak to your mum and try and explain some things. However if not this is the plan my cousin used to get a job after leaving sixth form unexpectedly so I hope this helps even a little bit! :|

ReputationRep:
    How old are you, OP?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Moved to Friends, Family and Work

ReputationRep:
    Whilst I understand you wanting to go back to doing a levels I do agree in a sense with your mum wanting you to get a job even if it is for now. Not because of money but so you don't have any unexplained gaps in work/study history. A fair few retail jobs now don't actually require you to have a cv as they are online application forms so have a look (waitrose, tesco, sainsburys, SuperDrug etc)

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 21, 2014
Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.