Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello,

I was wondering if anyone could help My Sony Vaio SVE1512W1ESI (just over a year old) struggles to switch on. It take several attempts before it successful boots up, otherwise all I hear when I attempt to switch it on is a clicking noise from the left side of the laptop before it automatically switches off again. The screen remains blank at this time to, no cursor, no light, anything.

It is random what makes it switches on, this morning it turned on straight away. other time it takes several attempts. Taking out the battery and putting it back in again doesn't seem to do anything.

Please help.

Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Curly_hair_girl)
    Hello,

I was wondering if anyone could help My Sony Vaio SVE1512W1ESI (just over a year old) struggles to switch on. It take several attempts before it successful boots up, otherwise all I hear when I attempt to switch it on is a clicking noise from the left side of the laptop before it automatically switches off again. The screen remains blank at this time to, no cursor, no light, anything.

It is random what makes it switches on, this morning it turned on straight away. other time it takes several attempts. Taking out the battery and putting it back in again doesn't seem to do anything.

Please help.

Thanks.
    Have you dropped your laptop any tíme recently?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iqbal007)
    Have you dropped your laptop any tíme recently?
    No I haven't.

ReputationRep:
    No I haven't.
    Hmmm the clicking sound seems like the hard drive is broken.

ReputationRep:
    Turns out I was hacked and it was struggling to turn on due to the amount of virus and rubbish on. It's fixed now, even though I feel violated and a noob, I'm glad it wasn't the hard drive as it is a 1TB hard drive.

Does anyone know if they do anti-keylogger software for windows 8 yet? All I can find is software for Windows XP/ Vista.

Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    Turns out I was hacked and it was struggling to turn on due to the amount of virus and rubbish on. It's fixed now, even though I feel violated and a noob, I'm glad it wasn't the hard drive as it is a 1TB hard drive.

Does anyone know if they do anti-keylogger software for windows 8 yet? All I can find is software for Windows XP/ Vista.

Thanks.
    All you can do is run scans from antivirus and something like anti spyware and anti malware like malwarebytes

ReputationRep:
    Turns out it was actually the motherboard! How does a 14 months laptop motherboard break? I never dropped it, I believe it was relatively dust-free. The only think I could think about is when I lived in China, the electricity didn't agree with it.. maybe? As I heard that power surges could damage laptops.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: February 14, 2014
Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.