The Student Room Group

This girl is keen to meet, but It's hard to make a date...What do I do?

Okay, I dunno what to do, but I said I'd like to meet, we've been texting a few days now, but I've just been busy with work and other commitments.

I wanted to meet this girl, but I'm not sure she'll stay interested If I can't make a date soon

I'm already worried that I've messed it up. We sexted last night, but I dunno if that was a good idea. She has been texting me today, but I text her 2 hours ago with no response.

I dunno, maybe I'm overthinking things. She usually always replies sooner than this, so what do I do?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1
Umm she's probably just busy right now, depending on age (I guess early twenties?) you should make a semi-firm commitment within a week I would say but 3 days is a bit early. Everyone has work, just explain straight out, she will understand, and come to a mutual date that you can both do. Even girls don't meet decent male prospects anything like all the time so if you really have clicked on both a personal and sexual level then relax, she'll want it.

She might feel a bit of a slut with the sexting but imo if she's been texting you earlier I think that indicates she's not feeling like that.
Reply 2
pics of said girl to better assess situation
Reply 3
Original post by scrotgrot
Umm she's probably just busy right now, depending on age (I guess early twenties?) you should make a semi-firm commitment within a week I would say but 3 days is a bit early. Everyone has work, just explain straight out, she will understand, and come to a mutual date that you can both do. Even girls don't meet decent male prospects anything like all the time so if you really have clicked on both a personal and sexual level then relax, she'll want it.

She might feel a bit of a slut with the sexting but imo if she's been texting you earlier I think that indicates she's not feeling like that.

I can't say we've "clicked" as we've only been texting. I just worry that maybe I forced the sexting a bit too much last night. It's just a bit random that she hasn't replied.

I actually asked if she was free this weekend, but that's the text I've not had a reply too.

I don't want to seem like I'm desperate, so I need to refrain from texting.
Reply 4
Just playing with your feelings to see if you are desperate.
If she'd been consistently texting you before and was keen to meet up I see no reason why she'd suddenly be put off and not want to speak to you, so I wouldn't worry too much. She's probably just busy. She could also just be a bit scared to reply because even though she wants to meet up with you, your committing to a date has made it seem more real and imminent! She might be a bit worried about what it'll be like when you meet in person after sexting (whether there'll be any awkwardness? Not that I'm saying there will be). I'd say to just give her a bit more time to get used to the idea and I'm sure she'll get back to you soon. :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by WhiteWalker
I can't say we've "clicked" as we've only been texting. I just worry that maybe I forced the sexting a bit too much last night. It's just a bit random that she hasn't replied.

I actually asked if she was free this weekend, but that's the text I've not had a reply too.

I don't want to seem like I'm desperate, so I need to refrain from texting.

Well put it out of your mind and text her "guess not" tomorrow or something and leave it at that. Never force sexting too hard, it should stay pretty close to the realm of light-hearted flirting, you don't want to come across as a slavering horn dog, it will be obvious you're actually ****ing over it or whatever and that is a bit grubby
Reply 7
Tell her you will be going to XYZ at (insert time) and she'll be accompanying you. Sorted.
Reply 8
I was going to call her tonight to arrange our meet tomorrow, but she hasn't replied to my text. She's out with friends tonight or something. i think she went bowling, food & drinks. I don't want to wait forever, but i also need her to reply. I worry that my reluctance could backfire. i'm not going to just randomly call though, i'd rather know if it's okay to call instead. i fear she may think i'm not interested as i've been a bit vague recently due to personal problems to sort out and other commitments.

arrgghh, what to do guys?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending