VW Polo Central Locking Watch

GeordieFan
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I only have one key for my VW Polo 07, and im scared that its not going to work on these cold mornings! What can i do about this?

Im wondering, can i get another key from my dealer?
and also, how do i get my central locking sorted out!
Fed up of shaking in the morning by trying to get the key in the **** little hole

Thanks
FXX
Badges: 18
Report 5 years ago
Yes
Take it to a garage
Nuffles
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
What are you scared about? Why wouldn't it work? What wouldn't work? If you're worried about the lock itself freezing up then I'd imagine a strip of tape over the lock hole would help to stop these kinds of things. How old is the car? If it's pre 2000 then it may well have a vacuum/pressure operated C/L system which should handle the cold fine - mine does. In terms of getting a second key, if it's an old style without a transponder in it (likely if you've not got remote locking) then you can just take it to any market key cutter and get a new one. If it's got a transponder in it you're looking at £200+ for a dealer to tie it to your car system and it's really not worth it. My current car is the first one I've ever had, out of a total of seven cars, to have a second key with it. To be honest I've never needed a second key really.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (202)
18.76%
Labour (556)
51.62%
Liberal Democrats (144)
13.37%
Green Party (60)
5.57%
Brexit Party (15)
1.39%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (4)
0.37%
SNP (17)
1.58%
Plaid Cymru (5)
0.46%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (7)
0.65%
SDLP (2)
0.19%
Ulster Unionist (4)