Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

How to get over a frienship ?? Help ? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I have been friend with this guy for 2 years and recently we had a fall out, which was about him constantly texting and calling me and demanding who im with ect. We then spoke about it and made up. He then told me he's gay and want a relationship I told him no I was so shocked. He then started telling how strong he feels for me and I told him its either. I told him we can be friends but he said he cant.

So we left it at that. But we were good mates untill he revealed his secret. He also harrases my friends who dont know him to get a reaction, which is a piss take as they dont know him and there freaked out.

Im at uni so it's hard to keep in touch with friends from college. Tbh I have had enought with this gay friends and its doing my heading but we were good mates but we cant make up. So how can I move on ??

I was thinking the future holds some great moments but its hard as there isnt that many people to talk to about this like I said its hard.

So what can I do ??

ReputationRep:
    It sounds like it may be best for him if you don't remain friends, as harsh as that sounds. If you want to go down this road then just be honest and repeat what you said here, making it clear that you value him as a friend and although you respect his sexuality you don't feel the same way.

ReputationRep:
    I think time is a great healer and it would be best for you guys to have some time apart.

ReputationRep:
    If he's really into you in a romantic way it might be best for both of you to just go your separate ways and cut contact. He clearly wants more than a friendship and seems, from what you've written, to be very clingy and expecting you to feel the same way about him. So I'd say just stop communicating with him, as difficult as that may be :sad:

ReputationRep:
    Why don't you let him give you head? You might actually enjoy it, and if you do, you can experiment further from there.

If it doesn't work out, then you can just walk away and cut your ties with him.

Look at it as a last-ditch attempt to save your friendship, with the added bonus of a new, potentially exciting experience thrown in!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IMBCFC)
    I have been friend with this guy for 2 years and recently we had a fall out, which was about him constantly texting and calling me and demanding who im with ect. We then spoke about it and made up. He then told me he's gay and want a relationship I told him no I was so shocked. He then started telling how strong he feels for me and I told him its either. I told him we can be friends but he said he cant.

So we left it at that. But we were good mates untill he revealed his secret. He also harrases my friends who dont know him to get a reaction, which is a piss take as they dont know him and there freaked out.

Im at uni so it's hard to keep in touch with friends from college. Tbh I have had enought with this gay friends and its doing my heading but we were good mates but we cant make up. So how can I move on ??

I was thinking the future holds some great moments but its hard as there isnt that many people to talk to about this like I said its hard.

So what can I do ??
    What you can do is acknowledge the bigger picture: the type of relationship you guys want is different, and when you accept that other person's needs and it doesn't work out for the best, it seems difficult to revert back to the original relationship in the past, because of what happened afterwards, which culminated in a strange phase of a relationship.

Everything deserves another chance in life, so give your friend another chance via keeping your distance and allowing him and yourself to experience what else life has to offer; he might just change his perception by the time you guys have had enough time apart. If it doesn't, then it's fine and healthier to end the relationship and move forward. Even if distance works, keep in mind that it might not be the original friendship, but onr that meets halfway, or better. Hope this has helped

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 24, 2014
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.