Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

oxbridge's views on a-level choices watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I need to pick the 4 subjects which I am going to take for as-levels in the next few weeks. I am hoping to apply for Oxbridge (preferably Oxford) to do law at the end of my a-levels assuming get my predicted results (as and a*).
    I am certain that I want to do French and History however, I need to decide between Politics, Psychology and English Literature for my last two options.
    I think I want to do Psychology and Politics however I am scared that Oxford won't consider me as impressively as some other applicants as psychology and politics aren't viewed as such facilitating subjects when compared to subjects like English ( as I have been told)

Please can you tell me if this is true and also give me advice on what I should do

(btw the school I go to won't let me do 5 subjects so that cannot be a solution)

ReputationRep:
    Most Unis don't ask for specific subjects for Law - they just want VERY high grades. So just make sure you choose the subjects you enjoy the most and have a realistic chance of getting A/A* in.

Lots of good advice about applying for Law here - http://www.law.ox.ac.uk/undergraduate/admissions.php
    AND http://www.bristol.ac.uk/law/ugdegrees/ugadmissions/

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 22, 2014
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.