Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Will I be accepted? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi all,

I am currently 16 and studying my last year of my GCSE's. I would love to do medicine at University.
    My current target grades are:

English: B (maybe an A if I push myself)
    Maths: A
    Chemistry: A*
    Biology: A/A*
    Physics: A
    Geography: B
    Business: A
    Resistant Materials: A
    Spanish: B

I just want to know, if I could get into Medical school which these grades or if i really need to study hard.

Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shadjabbar)
    Hi all,

I am currently 16 and studying my last year of my GCSE's. I would love to do medicine at University.

I just want to know, if I could get into Medical school which these grades or if i really need to study hard.

Thanks.
    Iet me check in my magical glass ball of the future. Ummmmm I dont know but I see myself eating a pizza OMYGOD!! I'm eating a pizza NOW!! :ahee::ahee:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi all,

Thanks.
    You need to study hard, because having the highest possible number of A*'s will open more doors for you later on. You wouldn't be rejected because of your GCSEs by some medical schools if those were the grades you had to apply with, but similarly you would be frankly uncompetitive or just rejected out of hand by others if you applied to them. So do your best and make things easier for future you.

As for whether you'll be accepted to medical school, there's no possible way anybody can say anything. There are so many more factors involved in selection, so it is pointless speculating about your chances until you have some work exp/volunteering, final GCSE marks, AS grades and a UKCAT score, as well as an idea of where you'd like to apply.

ReputationRep:
    why are you lying fam
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    It's about an awful lot more than grades, honestly if you put a lot of effort into choosing your med schools it can be the least important part of your application.

ReputationRep:
    Hi all,

Thanks.

Yeah they look good, but as someone already mentioned earlier, you should try and aim to get as many A*s as you can. However, if you don't then this would not significantly reduce your chances of getting in because they mainly focus more on A-Levels, work experience and admission tests.

Hope it helps.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 22, 2014
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.