Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    So recently i've gotten back into drawing people again as been doing digital a lot as its quicker.

but someone who i haven't seen or spoken to in years has asked if i could draw a picture of her and her boyfriend.
    The only problem is, is i havent sold my work in ages and i've never drawn a picture for anyone and charged something higher then £10.

But because i'm in uni now and want to make a living and have only been selling my Digital prints which are different from traditional work.
    i just never thought about do yet until leaving uni, but now i think its time to start selling because i've noticed people are saying i should sell them.
    i'm not sure if £10 or 15 is a reasonable price for a colour portrait of two people or if its too low?.

this is the type of work i do - https://www.behance.net/Emzstuff127

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emzstuff)
    So recently i've gotten back into drawing people again as been doing digital a lot as its quicker.

but someone who i haven't seen or spoken to in years has asked if i could draw a picture of her and her boyfriend.
    The only problem is, is i havent sold my work in ages and i've never drawn a picture for anyone and charged something higher then £10.

But because i'm in uni now and want to make a living and have only been selling my Digital prints which are different from traditional work.
    i just never thought about do yet until leaving uni, but now i think its time to start selling because i've noticed people are saying i should sell them.
    i'm not sure if £10 or 15 is a reasonable price for a colour portrait of two people or if its too low?.

this is the type of work i do - https://www.behance.net/Emzstuff127
    if the people can afford it then £100 would not be unreasonable. your work is very marketable. if it is a friend or a poor person then less.

ReputationRep:
    Wow, you really have a lot of talent! I would base the price upon how long it takes you to produce, how hard it was to create, cost of materials used etc. So whatever you deem to be a good price for each hour you work added up with other costs. Looking at your work and the high quality that it stands at I would say the lowest to charge being £40.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered creative corner threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.