The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

Applying to exeter

hi, a little background : i am currently doing my a-levels in A2 and my AS grades are AABBE in History, Sociology, English lit, Media studies and psychology. Right now i'm carrying on my A2 with History, English, Sociology but my predicted grades are ABC respectively for each subject. The reason due for this is because of my attendance and teachers believing i won't get as good grades as i did in my AS. I have since been improving my attendance but the ABC predictions remain the same.

As i am applying to study law at exeter which requires AAA-AAB grades, will they be turned off by my predictions or will they also acknowledge what i achieved at AS ? i'm just worried because i really wish to go to exeter :frown:
Reply 1
Anyone ?
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
i think they will. A C prediction is pretty low and it is in a soft subject too. An interview would be lucky...
Reply 3
no offence but unlikely. law is a competitive course especially at exeter; many oxbridge rejects apply for it with predictions around aaa-a*a*a. i dont mean to burst your bubble but to apply somewhere with predicted grades lower than the asking requirement is abit audacious, and the likelihood of the matter is that you will get instantly blacklisted. on the brighter side you could start tanking to work now and exceed your so called label of 'abc', trust me its doable. last year i was predicted bcc, i ended up getting bbb, im now retaking some of my exams and currently have the predicted grades of a*aa. i have offers from: surrey, nottingham, newcastle, loughborough and exeter. good luck my friend
Reply 4
Guess what guys ? I've been made an offer to study law at Exeter ! they want me to acquire aab, so now i just need to work hard and get the grades :smile:
Reply 5
I just do not know where teachers get off predicting grades below the proven AS performance. The whole system is rubbish.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending