Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Can I teach with a 3rd? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I have been offered a place on initial teacher training. Do I have to get a 2:2 minimum or can I get a 3rd? Can I get just a pass?

ReputationRep:
    Try your best and surprise yourself?

ReputationRep:
    What does your offer state? A 2:2 will always be better than a third. Are you actually borderline, or is it more a case of "I have an offer and so long as I don't monumentally f*ck up this semester and fail I can chill out, relax and work less"? If you're actually borderline then I'd work as hard as possible to get a 2:2. Even if it might not be required by your offer, a third isn't worth having (in my opinion), and if you decide that teaching isn't for you it will seriously hinder your chances of getting a graduate job.

ReputationRep:
    since there's such a shortage of teachers, you will most likely get a job anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alisoncurry)
    I have been offered a place on initial teacher training. Do I have to get a 2:2 minimum or can I get a 3rd? Can I get just a pass?
    If depends what your offer says, mine says a 2:1, so neither for me!

I was under the impression you could only do an ITT course if you had a 2:2 or above, and didn't get the extra governmental grant if you had a 2:2? In which case, if only for financial reasons, I'd work my ass off to get a 2:1 if possible!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.