Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

low testosterone or high oestrogen? watch

Announcements

hi, I'm 18 and suffer from gynecomastia (puffy nipples). I am 5ft5 and masterbate roughly once a day. I am about 12% body fat and have a toned build (although I look a bit stocky considering my height) I am also 10.5 stone.
    I also suffer from fendulum breve.
    I have a really low amount of facial hair (a few on my chin) and armpit hair and have never shaved. my pubic hair growth is a lot higher which I occasionally trim.
    I was wondering if it is likely I have low testosterone or high oestrogen. I had a blood test from a doctor n he told me that my hormone levels are normal but I'm obviously not convinced.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    OK, why aren't you convinced? Not everyone develops at the same speed and it's quite possible you will get, for example, hairier in a few years.

Can you find out what was your father like at this age?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    hi, I'm 18 and suffer from gynecomastia (puffy nipples). I am 5ft5 and masterbate roughly once a day. I am about 12% body fat and have a toned build (although I look a bit stocky considering my height) I am also 10.5 stone.
    I also suffer from fendulum breve.
    I have a really low amount of facial hair (a few on my chin) and armpit hair and have never shaved. my pubic hair growth is a lot higher which I occasionally trim.
    I was wondering if it is likely I have low testosterone or high oestrogen. I had a blood test from a doctor n he told me that my hormone levels are normal but I'm obviously not convinced.
    The blood test shows that you are healthy and hopefully that is the case.

Now, you are 12% body fat and 10 1/2 stone/66kg. That is light. How tall are you? If you are 5"9 or above, then definitely gain at least 10kg. If you are above 6 ft, gain 15kg.

Do these things:
    1: Weight train. Full body 3x a week for an hour. Look up starting strength. Don't over do cardio
    2. Eat at least 150g protein and 100g healthy fats a day. Lots of eggs, nuts, oily fish, fat cuts of meat, full fat dairy. Top this up with plenty of carbs to gain weight (250g minimum), along with 6-7 fruit/veg a day. Cut out sugars and trans fat.
    3. Get some sunlight every day.
    4. Sleep 9 hours a night.
    5. Keep busting nuts.
    6. Start playing some sport 1-2 a week if you don't already.

It seems like you might just be a little bit underdeveloped and lack of confidence/aggression. Doing the thing above will all help.

(Original post by BCcfc92)
    The blood test shows that you are healthy and hopefully that is the case.

Now, you are 12% body fat and 10 1/2 stone/66kg. That is light. How tall are you? If you are 5"9 or above, then definitely gain at least 10kg. If you are above 6 ft, gain 15kg.

Do these things:
    1: Weight train. Full body 3x a week for an hour. Look up starting strength. Don't over do cardio
    2. Eat at least 150g protein and 100g healthy fats a day. Lots of eggs, nuts, oily fish, fat cuts of meat, full fat dairy. Top this up with plenty of carbs to gain weight (250g minimum), along with 6-7 fruit/veg a day. Cut out sugars and trans fat.
    3. Get some sunlight every day.
    4. Sleep 9 hours a night.
    5. Keep busting nuts.
    6. Start playing some sport 1-2 a week if you don't already.

It seems like you might just be a little bit underdeveloped and lack of confidence/aggression. Doing the thing above will all help.
    I 5"5, I do high intensity running 10minhte sprints along with weight training twice a week and do martial arts once a week.
    I have about 145g protein a day and minimal fat.. I can easily cycle carbs to bulk or cut and I think I'm good weight for my size anyway..
    4 is what I have to most trouble with as a student.
    Thanks for the reply anyway

(Original post by unprinted)
    OK, why aren't you convinced? Not everyone develops at the same speed and it's quite possible you will get, for example, hairier in a few years.

Can you find out what was your father like at this age?
    well I could but it would be kinda awkward to ask.. I thought the fact the gun hasn't changed in about 6 years means my hormones are normal but my hands are small

ReputationRep:
    I 5"5, I do high intensity running 10minhte sprints along with weight training twice a week and do martial arts once a week.
    I have about 145g protein a day and minimal fat.. I can easily cycle carbs to bulk or cut and I think I'm good weight for my size anyway..
    4 is what I have to most trouble with as a student.
    Thanks for the reply anyway
    Up your fat intake ASAP

(Original post by BCcfc92)
    Up your fat intake ASAP
    wait, what good will that do me?

ReputationRep:
    wait, what good will that do me?
    High fat = high testosterone. Low fat diets have been a flaw of the last 20-30 years, while obesity/heart disease/diabetes have gone up. Now, the consensus is that higher fat content in diets are better, as long as they are from natural sources and not pastries/cake/biscuits and other trans-fat. Moderate protein - more if you are a strength/power athlete, carbs depending on activity level - higher for endurance athletes and a good amount of fat in every persons diet diet is the way to go.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    well I could but it would be kinda awkward to ask..
    How about "When did you start needing to shave?" If you can find out whether some of this is likely to be hereditary, it is going to help.

The fact that you're masturbating daily suggests you've got testosterone working and don't have 'too much' oestrogen (all men have some).

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 23, 2014
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.