Turn on thread page Beta

Campaign to get 'It's raining men' to #1 following UKIP Councillor's comments watch

ReputationRep:
    This looks amazing. Really hope they make it!

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news...0#.Ut8aQOffWSM

ReputationRep:
    Wonder if the same thing was done with Gold by Spandeu Ballet when Gordon Brown sold our gold cheaply.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Snagprophet)
    Wonder if the same thing was done with Gold by Spandeu Ballet when Gordon Brown sold our gold cheaply.
    Or Postman Pat when Cameron sold Royal Mail?

I wonder what would have been appropriate when Brown sold the 3G licences for all the money in the world?

ReputationRep:
    Serious question: Does anyone give a toss what is #1 in the charts??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mojojojo101)
    Serious question: Does anyone give a toss what is #1 in the charts??
    Only when its funny

ReputationRep:
    Yeah fair shout.

It's a decent song anyway so worth the pennies

ReputationRep:
    What about all the corrupt politicians that aren't in UKIP? You know, all the sexist, racist, paedophile and sociopath politicians in Labour, Tory and Lib Dem parties?

Oh that's it, you are all falling for the campaign against UKIP because you all soak up what's thrown in front of you without the ability to look any further into anything. How about we do the "it's raining men" against the Lib Dems?

I know why, it's cool to hate UKIP, especially if you are one of the bandwagon students whose awareness of the world doesn't go past a Guardian headline.

Get back to Twitter of FB and post a selfie and leave politics to real students who have the ability to learn.

ReputationRep:
    What about all the corrupt politicians that aren't in UKIP? You know, all the sexist, racist, paedophile and sociopath politicians in Labour, Tory and Lib Dem parties?

Oh that's it, you are all falling for the campaign against UKIP because you all soak up what's thrown in front of you without the ability to look any further into anything. How about we do the "it's raining men" against the Lib Dems?

I know why, it's cool to hate UKIP, especially if you are one of the bandwagon students whose awareness of the world doesn't go past a Guardian headline.

Get back to Twitter of FB and post a selfie and leave politics to real students who have the ability to learn.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Creat0r)

ooooooooooooooo!

Someone's touchy :P

Yeah we'll leave politics to real students of MMU

ReputationRep:
    Sure, just give UKIP even more publicity than they've already gotten from this. Great job :yy:

ReputationRep:

Post of the year. It's exactly the same with the Daily Mail haters. Bunch of sheep who can't make up their own decisions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quady)
    ooooooooooooooo!

Someone's touchy :P

Yeah we'll leave politics to real students of MMU
    I'm not there lol. I can go anywhere my daddy is rich and I'll work for him

ReputationRep:
    Whilst I agree his comments were ghastly, so is this campaign.
    Sheer, ridiculous immaturity from those who want to jump on to the bandwagon. Bet these are the people who pretend to be left wing because it's trendy and hate on propaganda like the daily mail whilst they sit there reading the guardian. Is it really that difficult to form your own opinions and stick to your values rather than following blindly like sheep what you've been force-fed?

It's people like this that give the left wing a bad reputation. You're not lefties, you're ignorant.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm not there lol. I can go anywhere my daddy is rich and I'll work for him
    No, no. Of course you've never been a student there.

Thats why 10% of your posts have been in the MMU section and you know the default password for My MMU and went to the freshers fair in 2012...

That doesn't sound like anywhere, that sounds like you haven't let go of the apron strings :P

ReputationRep:

Sure, there are a few sexist and racist mainstream politicians, but they're not exactly a big number. Can you please name one single "paedophile politician" like you suggested? And while you're at it, could you also explain what's bad about being a sociopath?

And let's not "leave politics to real students". I think it's good that a lot of people today are interested in politics, even if it's not in the analytical way that you'd like them to be.

(Original post by Obiejess)
    Whilst I agree his comments were ghastly, so is this campaign.
    Sheer, ridiculous immaturity from those who want to jump on to the bandwagon. Bet these are the people who pretend to be left wing because it's trendy and hate on propaganda like the daily mail whilst they sit there reading the guardian. Is it really that difficult to form your own opinions and stick to your values rather than following blindly like sheep what you've been force-fed?

It's people like this that give the left wing a bad reputation. You're not lefties, you're ignorant.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    What's wrong with reading the Guardian and expressing dislike towards the DM? And does it not occur to you that these people might actually be doing this to Ukip because they have thought independently about it, and come to the conclusion that Ukip is a stupid party?

Also, Guardian != left-wing. I'm rather right wing but I read the Guardian.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Treeroy)
    Sure, there are a few sexist and racist mainstream politicians, but they're not exactly a big number. Can you please name one single "paedophile politician" like you suggested? And while you're at it, could you also explain what's bad about being a sociopath?

And let's not "leave politics to real students". I think it's good that a lot of people today are interested in politics, even if it's not in the analytical way that you'd like them to be.

What's wrong with reading the Guardian and expressing dislike towards the DM? And does it not occur to you that these people might actually be doing this to Ukip because they have thought independently about it, and come to the conclusion that Ukip is a stupid party?

Also, Guardian != left-wing. I'm rather right wing but I read the Guardian.
    I find no problem with people sharing their opinions, as long as they are based. I personally hate DM but also hate the Guardian, as both are propagandist, sheep breeding and sensationalist garbage that thrive from the non-thinking of others.

But to me it is evident that these people have not even taken a moment to consider the consequences of their actions and that none of this is based solely on their own ideologies. This is clear as if they were intelligent individuals I am convinced (for the sake of the human race) that they would be able to form a better plan and be able to pursue a more effective means to deal with Homophobia, rather than downloading a song.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quady)
    No, no. Of course you've never been a student there.

Thats why 10% of your posts have been in the MMU section and you know the default password for My MMU and went to the freshers fair in 2012...

That doesn't sound like anywhere, that sounds like you haven't let go of the apron strings :P
    I was for 1 year.

I don't get why this is relevant, you remind me of the thick (insert any word) at where I'm at now. I moved 160 miles away. Yet you come across as one of the arrogant students who couldn't give an insight into anything at a moments notice, you know nothing do you? Admit it, looking at your posts, you're a hanging-on kinda student, you know you know nothing but you thrive off arrogance.

ReputationRep:
    I was for 1 year.

I don't get why this is relevant, you remind me of the thick (insert any word) at where I'm at now. I moved 160 miles away. Yet you come across as one of the arrogant students who couldn't give an insight into anything at a moments notice, you know nothing do you? Admit it, looking at your posts, you're a hanging-on kinda student, you know you know nothing but you thrive off arrogance.
    Well its relavent when you insult the rest of us by suggesting you're one of the 'real students who have the ability to learn.' yet are an MMU drop out...

Yeah I know nothing. I'm quite ok admitting that, since nobody else does either.

ReputationRep:
    Stupid comments by the councillor but this campaign is just as ridiculous, song not even top 100 on Amazon or itunes

ReputationRep:

Smashed it. Half of TSR to a Tee. Repped.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 25, 2014
Poll
Favourite type of bread
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.