Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I have recieved the conditional offers from bristol and york for biology, and I'm now struggling with deciding my firm and insurance choices. Anyone here is studying biology in this 2 unis and can you tell me more about them? I'm an international students so I'm not able to go to the open days

ReputationRep:
    I study biochemistry at York, but during my first year I'm doing pretty much the same things as biologists. I know for a fact that the biology department is the biggest department at York uni, and the best equipped. The buildings may be a bit grey and boring on the outside but the scenery is really nice(lots of wildlife, a lake, ducks, rabbits etc.) and the labs are modern and spacious. All our lectures are recorded so that we can rewatch them (in case we missed them, or if we just want to revise for exams) and the university network is extremely helpful. I don't know much about Bristol, but my advice would be to look at the course structure (modules etc.) and decide which one appeals to you the most.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SakuraBlossom)
    I study biochemistry at York, but during my first year I'm doing pretty much the same things as biologists. I know for a fact that the biology department is the biggest department at York uni, and the best equipped. The buildings may be a bit grey and boring on the outside but the scenery is really nice(lots of wildlife, a lake, ducks, rabbits etc.) and the labs are modern and spacious. All our lectures are recorded so that we can rewatch them (in case we missed them, or if we just want to revise for exams) and the university network is extremely helpful. I don't know much about Bristol, but my advice would be to look at the course structure (modules etc.) and decide which one appeals to you the most.
    Thank you very much!

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

Quick Link:

Unanswered Life Sciences Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.