The Student Room Group

who remembers "bundles" ?

Bundles at school. When a kid falls over in football everyone within a mile radius jumps on piling in.

Scroll to see replies

I remember them sure, but we didn't call them bundles, not at my school anyway.
If you fell over and someone yelled bundle you were pretty much ****ed at my school.
They'd literally be people running over from practically every corner of the field just to join in. Easily would have been at least a hundred people gathered in a bundle sometimes!
Is that not a thing any more? Kids these days.
Reply 4
not sure if this was the same thing, but in my school someone would throw a handful of somthing in the air (usualy somthing worth running for) and shout scramble!

then everyone would run like mad to try and pick the things up, causing a big pile up and people falling over each other lol.
Never heard of that no lol.

Though I do remember being copiously punched on the arm after having injections.
'Bundles'? I've never heard of that before. When I was at school we always called them 'pile-ons'. If someone shouted 'pile on!' you always managed to get up rather quickly. :tongue:
Reply 7
getting "the bumps" for your birthday was a horrible ordeal... you would be propelled higher and higher into the air on each "bump" and then at the end they would let go and you would smash into the ground... :eek: :angry:
Reply 8
Original post by Sir Killalot
If you fell over and someone yelled bundle you were pretty much ****ed at my school.
They'd literally be people running over from practically every corner of the field just to join in. Easily would have been at least a hundred people gathered in a bundle sometimes!

Hahahahahaha oh man this is so true. Thankfully it only ever happened to guys :rofl: it was so hard to watch though, looked painful :eek:
Reply 9
Hah, yes. You got entire football pitches of kids jumping on top of one poor guy. Fun times. :frown:
Reply 10
Remember botg. Bundle was just everyone in a pile.

Scramble tended to happen when someone's items were thrown in the air and at this point proprietary rights appeared to vest in the person picking up said items.

Also had stampsies and the hitting machine.
Reply 11
No I've never heard of that, haha.
Never heard 'bundle'. It was always 'PIIIIILE OOOOOOOOON!'
Reply 13
I was the victim of many bundles
but then again I was also one who joined in with the bundles
Nope. But people would chant 'he fell over' and point.
Reply 15
It was either 'BUNDLE' or 'DOG PILE' that was called out. I remember that the heavier people oft found it pleasing to be the last to jump on :colonhash:

There was also a certain thing called a 'Mosh Pit' whereby if we were standing in a circle having a conversation, one would push another into the circle, and then continuously getting pushed from side to side until they were able to escape the circle, then they would try and get revenge and push someone else into the 'Mosh Pit'.

'Nuggeting' someone's bag also used to be a thing. If one left their bag unattended, people would take all of their stuff out, fold the bag inside out, put everything back in and then zip it up.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Precious Illusions
Hahahahahaha oh man this is so true. Thankfully it only ever happened to guys :rofl: it was so hard to watch though, looked painful :eek:

It was painful!
My mate broke his collarbone in a bundle! :eek:
we called them orgys at r school
I wish girls joined in in bundles. Would have loved to have fallen over and then dozens of girls pile on top, with my face going up their skirts hehe
Reply 19
Original post by Ornlu

'Nuggeting' someone's bag also used to be a thing. If one left their bag unattended, people would take all of their stuff out, fold the bag inside out, put everything back in and then zip it up.

That sounds great.

OP - we called them pilies (not sure on spelling, but pronounced pile-ees).

Quick Reply

Latest