The Student Room Group

The Wolf of Wall Street?

Has anybody seen it, i watched it the other day and thought it was fantastic. Although people have said it is a bit long what are your thoughts?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I've seen it and also thought it was great.
It was definitely long but that's a good thing when you're enjoying it so much!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
I loved it. While it was long it didn't feel long.
Reply 3
Yes i agree with both of you amazing film, have you watched any others lately and thought they were any good? I watched American Hustle thought the twist at the end was brilliant.
Reply 4
its brilliant theres so much going on u dont realise how long its been on. definitley one of the best films out :smile:
Reply 5
I did not like The Wolf of Wall Street and fail to see what all the fuss is about. I find it hard to like films in which not one character has a redeeming feature.
Reply 6
Original post by pane123
I did not like The Wolf of Wall Street and fail to see what all the fuss is about. I find it hard to like films in which not one character has a redeeming feature.

It is a true story mate about a man who worked his way up through the stock market and just lived a ****ed up life i think it is brilliant.
Reply 7
Original post by jord089
It is a true story mate about a man who worked his way up through the stock market and just lived a ****ed up life i think it is brilliant.

I know what it is, 'mate'.
Original post by pane123

I recall one particular female character that had quite a few redeeming features.

nomsayin?
Reply 9
Original post by jord089
Has anybody seen it, i watched it the other day and thought it was fantastic. Although people have said it is a bit long what are your thoughts?

I thought it was absolutely brilliant. One of the best biographies I've seen.

Did anybody else watch it and just think "i want some coke and prostitutes". or I've got to become a trader :colone:

Original post by pane123

Do you mean the story-line not giving them their cumuppance?

Spoiler

(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 10
Original post by shiggydiggy
x

That accent, though.
Reply 11
The book's better.

Not all that well written though.
Reply 12
Original post by pane123
I know what it is, 'mate'.

Why you trying to be smart there? If you don't like it fair enough.
Reply 13
Haha brilliant and yes its all coming back to me WOW she is gorgeous.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 15
Original post by Maximillion.
x

Apologies, sorted.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 16
Haha he hasn't ruined anything the film is like 2.45hrs long there is loads of stuff that doesn't even touch the surface
I thought it was amazing! Leonardo DiCaprio is just such a great actor.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 18
Original post by Rakas21
I thought it was absolutely brilliant. One of the best biographies I've seen.

Did anybody else watch it and just think "i want some coke and prostitutes". or I've got to become a trader :colone:

Do you mean the story-line not giving them their comeuppance?

As a biographical account it's not supposed to see redemption, the man made money, had fun, learnt his lesson, lost his wife and then went to a rich persons prison and came out with still $100m.

It wasn't really because they didn't get their comeuppance. No biographical film is 100% true to the real story, so they could have allowed just one character to show a morsel of decency. I find it hard to like films in which I would be happy if everyone died - Scarface is another example of a film like this.

Another problem I found was that everything seemed to drag on. I laughed, for example, at his attempt to reach his car when the drugs kicked in at the country club, but it went on, and on, and on to the extent it became somewhat irritating.

I was very tired when I watched it so will give it another chance and hope that I was very wrong. I don't like Jonah Hill, but there's nothing I can do about that.
Amazing film, pretty realistic aswell, from what I've heard.

Didnt really care about the length, the film had everything.

Quick Reply

Latest