Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello to all!:rolleyes:

I was just wondering... Is anyone there that is studying BTEC and applying for UCL??? If yes, maybe any of you already got offers? Or maybe got rejected?...

I applied for Management Science (4 years) and I am currently studying BTEC business. My GCSEs are not that great too as I only got Cs... So yeah, to be honest I am pretty nervous! There are many people that are stronger candidates than me... Do you think I still got the chance??? Btw, I meet all their requirements so there is still a hope...

ReputationRep:
    My friend applied for comp sci with BTEC ICT alongside maths (A2), physics (A2) and further maths (AS) and he got an offer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eissy)

I was just wondering... Is anyone there that is studying BTEC and applying for UCL??? If yes, maybe any of you already got offers? Or maybe got rejected?...

I applied for Management Science (4 years) and I am currently studying BTEC business. My GCSEs are not that great too as I only got Cs... So yeah, to be honest I am pretty nervous! There are many people that are stronger candidates than me... Do you think I still got the chance??? Btw, I meet all their requirements so there is still a hope...
    Hi Eissy, I am in the same situation as you are and we hopefully should get an offer because not all University places get filled up therefore we should have a chance.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ozackaria01)
    Hi Eissy, I am in the same situation as you are and we hopefully should get an offer because not all University places get filled up therefore we should have a chance.
    Hey, and what did you get in maths and english in gcse?? Please let me know if you get an offer haha, im stressing...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eissy)

Hi, I'm currently waiting to hear from UCL to study management and I done BTEC business in college. I also got a B in Maths and English GCSE. I got D*D*D* in my BTEC course (I had taken a gap year after college). I'm worried about whether they accept me or not too!

ReputationRep:
    So yesterday I got rejected... Due to a big competition...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eissy)
    So yesterday I got rejected... Due to a big competition...
    There, there.
    You have 4 other unis you're waiting for, no?
    Hopefully you get accepted to them ^_^

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Frieza)
    There, there.
    You have 4 other unis you're waiting for, no?
    Hopefully you get accepted to them ^_^
    I was rejected from other two and only two unis accepted me! So yesterday I put Brunel as my first option and Greenwich as my second... Not happy at all! But oh well..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eissy)
    I was rejected from other two and only two unis accepted me! So yesterday I put Brunel as my first option and Greenwich as my second... Not happy at all! But oh well..
    Before you applied did you do research into how many Btec students each uni took in previous years?

ReputationRep:
    I just got an offer from UCL this morning and I had done BTEC business so just letting you know that there's still hope for BTECs!!
    Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    Did you do purely btec business and if so what type of btec did you do e.g subsidary diploma

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ozackaria01)
    Hi,
    Did you do purely btec business and if so what type of btec did you do e.g subsidary diploma

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hi, I done BTEC Business Level 3 Extended Diploma and I got D*D*D*
    I applied in mid December

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eissy)
    Don't be too dissapointed with yourself, Brunel is brilliant university. The competition for universities such as UCL is an unnecessary joke, my friend had phenomenal A-level grades and still got rejected. Besides, there's only a 5 place difference between UCL and Brunel for a Management degree. All the best with your decision, however!

ReputationRep:
    Just saying my friend with BTEC ICT and d*d*d* got rejected by UCL last year for computer science

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abdul-Karim)
    Don't be too dissapointed with yourself, Brunel is brilliant university. The competition for universities such as UCL is an unnecessary joke, my friend had phenomenal A-level grades and still got rejected. Besides, there's only a 5 place difference between UCL and Brunel for a Management degree. All the best with your decision, however!
    Yeah its actually true.. And I have also been to an open day and I loved it! So now Im pretty happy to be honest.. Thank you!!

ReputationRep:
    Well thats good. Thats all that matters and like everyone says everything happens for a reason. Maybe UCL wasn't meant to be.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.