Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

My mum has recently had a lot of difficulties at work which resulted in her being forced to leave, she received her last wage at the end of December. This has made a massive difference to our household income as she was the main wage earner. Our household income for the tax year 12/13 was high resulting in the likelyhood of me getting no grant and the lowest loan, however due to this recent circumstance my parents won't be able to support me through university leaving me with very little money due to my loan not even covering my accomodation. Is there any chance that this will be taken into consideration even though they only want details of the previous tax year? If this recent change is taken into consideration I could get more according to the calculator which will help me greatly!
    • Official TSR Representative

Official TSR Representative
    Hi Unistudent,

yes this would affect your entitlement to finance as regulation state where household income has dropped by 15% or more from the year in assessment (11/12) from the current academic year 13/14 we can process a current year income assessment.

This would be more reflective of your current household income your parents would be required to complete the current year income form which can be found here:http://bit.ly/15frsyd

If it is for the 14/15 academic year then the CYI forms are not yet available and you should continue to check online for the updates as to their release dates.

Have you ever experienced racism/sexism at uni?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.