Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    I have already completed 120 credits via the Open University towards a degree qualification, but have decided that this course is no longer for me. 120 credits is equivilant to 1 year full time although the course has taken me two years part-time and I have no qualification as I did not earn enough credits to obtain my declared qualification. All of this information is clearly documented on my student summary from the university. I completed the OU course under the transitional fee system, I am now applying to do a NHS course and wondered if I would be eligible for a maintenance loan? I will recieve a NHS bursary (hopefully). Thanks, claire.
    • Official TSR Representative

    Official TSR Representative
    Hi Claire,

    Yes you would be entitled to the NHS bursary as the NHS courses are exempt from previous study.
    You would also be entitled to apply for a reduced rate maintenance loan from Student finance England.


    Hi mark lee,

    can I apply for student loan and maintenance grand has a parent, who wants to return to her studies, if I have discretionary leave to remain and married to a British national. I am allowed to receive public funds and my husband is on low income. I'm also living in Britain for almost 14 years.
    many thanks jj.
Have you ever experienced racism/sexism at uni?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.