Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Ok so I’ve seen the closest is the 'student village' but its got a shared ensuite and I need an ensuite to myself! I’m studying Events Management BA starting in sept 2014.
    Can previous students or anyone give me some guidance as to what halls are best, closest, communal etc.
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lucyjuicy009)
    Ok so I’ve seen the closest is the 'student village' but its got a shared ensuite and I need an ensuite to myself! I’m studying Events Management BA starting in sept 2014.
    Can previous students or anyone give me some guidance as to what halls are best, closest, communal etc.
    Thanks
    Hey! I'm also doing this at BU in September. I'm looking at staying in Dorchester house

ReputationRep:
    Hey I'm half way through my first year at Bournemouth and I'm staying in Dorchester House. Everywhere except the Student Village-Dorchester, Cranbourne, Chesil, Lyme Regis and Purbeck have ensuites and the U1 bus service runs every 10 minutes to the Talbout Campus.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anyaelise)
    Hey! I'm also doing this at BU in September. I'm looking at staying in Dorchester house
    Aw no way! Would you reccomend Dorchester then?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NettieB)
    Hey I'm half way through my first year at Bournemouth and I'm staying in Dorchester House. Everywhere except the Student Village-Dorchester, Cranbourne, Chesil, Lyme Regis and Purbeck have ensuites and the U1 bus service runs every 10 minutes to the Talbout Campus.
    So you would reccommend Dorchester for first year then?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lucyjuicy009)
    Aw no way! Would you reccomend Dorchester then?
    Well I went to see it last Friday on the open day and I loved it, defo my first choice for accommodation

ReputationRep:
    Dorchester is really nice but not very communal, I was in purbeck in my first year (second year now studying events management) and it was definitely the most communal and liveliest! Cranborne is really nice, lyme has TINY living areas...chesil is really quiet. And it's really easy to get to uni from all of the halls! But all halls are better than student village.

ReputationRep:
    Dorchester is really nice but it is also really expensive, the halls I live in now leaves me £400 left off my Student Loan after paying rent, if I lived in Dorchester it would take my whole student loan and I would be broke as hell. Thinking back on it, Dorchester was my first choice but I'm glad that I never got it because I feel like I'm struggling now on my student loan. My best bet is Cranbourne, it was refurbished last year so it is really nice inside. Lyme as somebody else said is pretty small, Chesil is alright, you get big kitchens and rooms but its not as lively because it only has 200 students, Purbeck is horrible inside with druggies, its needs a refurbishment 100%. If I was you, I'd go for Cranbourne. Don't bother with Corfe, it's like 20-30 minutes away. Student Village is far from everything, it's only good imo if you want to live on campus.
    Also if you doing A-Levels apply for your accommodation as SOON as possible, even if you submit 5 minutes after getting your results. I know people who applied 10 minutes after finding out their results and were put it Unilet because it's first come, first serve. I waited until 2 hours after and was put in Unilet and only a week before after phoning everyday complaining did I get a place in halls.
    If you are looking for liveliness I would definitely choose Purbeck or Cranbourne, most pre-drinks I'm invited to are hosted in these two halls, I've never been Lyme to judge, Student Village and Chesil have a more communal feel as they are both small so you get to know everybody etc.
    Also it's only 10 minutes of bus if you live on Landsdowne Campus and a bus pass is included for a bit extra in your rent.

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.