Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    I withdrew from uni at the beginning of 2nd term and I've just received a letter from student finance about my payments. I received the full loan and grant for the 2nd term (rang student finance a week or so before I withdrew to cancel anymore payments to my account but apparently it was too late to do so).

    I received £1118 for the grant for 2nd term but my outstanding grant overpayment is £1344, does anyone know why this is so? It also says that the total grant to be paid to me is £892. Again I don't understand this.

    There is also the issue of the maintenance loan. I'd like to pay back the loan I received for the 2nd term because I'm not really entitled to any of it as I withdrew at the beginning of 2nd term.. I received £1261.59 in loan for 2nd term which is the same amount as I received for first term. My letter says that the 'loan to be paid to me' for 2013/14 is £1386 but no mention of overpayment.

    This was all in a 'notification of entitlement' letter. Will I receive any more follow up letters making how much I have to repay more clear?
    • Official TSR Representative

    Official TSR Representative
    Hi Cherry,

    once you withdraw we will reassess you based on the actual length of time you were on the course.
    So say for example you attended the course for 25% of the full course
    and we had paid you 50% of your total funding then we would have overpaid you by 25% and therefore request 25% of the funding back immediately.

    The letter we send you will confirm the reassessment and confirm what you are entitled to.

    I would advise to call us on 0845 0738 891 if you wish to repay any overpaid loans or grants
    and if you wish to enquire about the actual reassessment then please call us on 0845 300 5090.

Have you ever experienced racism/sexism at uni?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.