The Student Room Group

[Misrepresentation Act] Can someone see if I understood this legislation correctly?

It states:

Removal of certain bars to rescission for innocent misrep
Where a person has entered into a contract after misrep has been made to him and
a) the misrep has become a term of contract; or
b) the contract has been performed;
or both, then, if otherwise he would be entitled to rescind the contract without alleging fraud, he shall be so entitled, subject to the provision of this Act notwithstanding the matters mentioned in paragraph (a) and (b) of this section.

My problem is with the words "if otherwise".

Am I correct in saying this then:
"... or both, then, if before he had not been entitled to rescind the contract without alleging fraud, he shall be so entitled now, but subject to provision..."?

If I am correct, why were we not entitled to rescind contract for innocent misrepresentation unless there is fraud?
Hi there,

While you're waiting for an answer, did you know we have 300,000 study resources that could answer your question in TSR's Learn together section?

We have everything from Teacher Marked Essays to Mindmaps and Quizzes to help you with your work. Take a look around.

If you're stuck on how to get started, try creating some resources. It's free to do and can help breakdown tough topics into manageable chunks. Get creating now.

Thanks!

Not sure what all of this is about? Head here to find out more.

Quick Reply

Latest