The Student Room Group
Medicine at Swansea University
Swansea University
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Out of them ive read Frankenstein and 1984, id say there both pretty good so start with one of them maybe? If you want to get the mind thinking then read 1984.
Ive got a question, how much of a reader would you say you are, like how much books have you read say in the last year in your own time?
Medicine at Swansea University
Swansea University
Visit website
Reply 41
Oh yeah and happy birthday for yesterday too :smile:
Reply 42
lol, thanks DarkLight, you get rep for that!

Hmmm, I don't know how many books I've read in the last year. Not as many as usual as I've been pretty busy. Had a job for the first time, plus coursework, exams, etc. Probably as little as 7....hmmm.

Yeah, I started reading 1984 last night and I'm really liking it, so will probably read that first.

I'm a big fan of vampire stuff, but I've heard that Frankenstein is suprisingly good (you must admit, it's not a novel you expect to brilliant, but some people have said it is, who didn't think it would be) so I'll probably read that after.
Reply 43
wiggles
lol, thanks DarkLight, you get rep for that!

Hmmm, I don't know how many books I've read in the last year. Not as many as usual as I've been pretty busy. Had a job for the first time, plus coursework, exams, etc. Probably as little as 7....hmmm.

Yeah, I started reading 1984 last night and I'm really liking it, so will probably read that first.

I'm a big fan of vampire stuff, but I've heard that Frankenstein is suprisingly good (you must admit, it's not a novel you expect to brilliant, but some people have said it is, who didn't think it would be) so I'll probably read that after.

yeah I must admit I didnt expect much of Frankenstein, but I found it really good, I must of as ive read it twice lol. In parts it is very eerie and horrific and lets say its not very cheery. At times you dont know what to think of the monster, some of the stuff he does is quite likeable, other not. But hey I guess you will find out soon enough.
By the way thx for the rep and as your the first person to give me rep, you get rep. All's fair :p:
For me about book reading, before last summer I had barely read a novel in my life outside school, maybe two of three. But after the first year of english lit at college I really got into it and decided I wanted to study english and uni, so in the last year I have read over 20 books. My fav author probably being murakami, you may have heard of him, but basically I think hes bloody brilliant lol
Luckily for year 10 we had to study the Novel Frankenstein so i know it pretty well!:biggrin: Never got round to reading 1984 though, might read it now that it's on the course:p:
Reply 45
hey guys just got back from reading festival!! wicked, just reading over the messages even tho im not doing eng lol, hey wiggles your 18 now your legal woooh! happy birthday!
Reply 46
Welcome back :p:
Reading you are a lucky girl, what were your favourite bands?
Reply 47
well i was only there for the sunday but i saw placebo and pearl jam -they played for two hours! and i wanted to see kooks but i missed them, it was quite good, i spent loads tho, im starting to feel really nervous about uni!!
Reply 48
Anyone got any lists of books they need to buy for the course yet? Two of my friends who are doing English already have a whole list of books, the majority of which they've already bought and read. I know it has lists of the stuff we'll be studying on the website, but that doesn't tell us exactly what books we need to buy, as my friends actually got sent a specific list of ones they'd need for the start of lectures.

Latest