The Student Room Group

The Football League thread II

Scroll to see replies

Dale won't get playoffs now. Drubbing by Swindon 4-2 whilst Chesterfield smashed Colchester 6-0 doesn't help our cause.
Original post by hskjlclcn
Yeah I completely agree with you that predictions are pointless in this league, I'm just trying to reason with myself after back to back losses. We have to beat you saturday, and I think we are capable, although Mick could easily sneak something away which would put us with too much to do I fear.

I mean I would say you were the favorites but through years of bad league positions in the Paul Jewell and Roy Keane years I feel Ipswich deserve this. But if we lose or draw against you on Saturday then I don't think we can do it...

Also Mick McCarthy has built a stellar squad with pennies compared to the rest of championship and if they reached the Play-offs that would be crazy.
Great free-kick from Forest last night to claw a goal back against Watford. Shame that it didn't come to anything for them. Watford's swashbuckling and free-scoring nature suggests they may have PL pedigree players, not least Deeney and Vydra.
Massive win for Boro, they defended brilliantly especially Gibson & Kalas!
Huge result for Port Vale against Preston this evening in League One, and Boro did really well at Carrow Road.
Original post by Mackay
Huge result for Port Vale against Preston this evening in League One, and Boro did really well at Carrow Road.

And for MK if we can win tomorrow - would be 1 point behind with a better goal difference and 3 games to go...
Preston are trying to throw it away. 2-1 up against a 10 man Port Vale should be nothing other than a win.
Original post by alex_hk90
And for MK if we can win tomorrow - would be 1 point behind with a better goal difference and 3 games to go...

Top notch. The Vale result means that it's all getting spicy at the bottom.
6 of our players (Silvestri (G), Bellusci, Antenucci, Del Fabro, Doukara & Cani) have ruled themselves out of the clash at the Valley today, despite being fit & training without issue on Thursday...

What the **** is going on?

Cellino's had enough? There's no other reason why all 6 of the players he brought in would suddenly pull themselves out at once
Newport County footballer Chris Zebroski has been jailed for four years and four months for two attacks.

The 28-year-old striker admitted four charges of robbery, attempted robbery and assault relating to two incidents.
Swindon Crown Court heard he crashed his BMW into a taxi in December and attacked a witness who filmed him when he got out of the car and tried to take his mobile phone.

He also assaulted and attempted to rob two men in February.

After being jailed, Zebroski had his contract terminated by Newport.

Another footballer throwing away the opportunity of a lifetime...
Bradley Johnson and John Ruddy seemed positive on Soccer AM this morning about Norwich's chances. There seems to be such a feel-good factor at every one of the Championship's top eight clubs.
Ipswich draw first blood. Wolves simply have to win this.
Poor Stearman.
Wolves level, they've started the second half so well.
Original post by TornadoGR4
Wolves level, they've started the second half so well.

Theyve lost a bit of momentum mid-way through though, Ipswich do have one of the best records for injury time goal winners though so we'll wait and see
Bristol City need just a point to claim the League One title at Ashton Gate against Coventry today. Can't see them failing.
Ipswich may have only drawn today but if Brentford lose or draw today then maybe I can sleep tonight...
Hugeeeeeee goal for Bournemouth.
FT: Hudderlsfield 4 Derby 4

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest