The Student Room Group

The Football League thread II

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Midlander
We had the ITV digital crash ruin our finances too, we still didn't enter administration. The reality is your club had bills that were too large to meet through any other means than writing it off by administration and starting over-wipe the financial slate clean.

Enough of my family are from Leicester for me not to bother with fabrications. Dennis Wise was not to blame, at least show a bit more grace than that.

We had those bills due to relegation and a new stadium, had itv digital not collapsed we'd have been able to service them at the least.

I prefer truth to grace - wise acted the prat, suing us for sacking him and was the only creditor to reject payment deals, forcing us into administration

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Cauley Woodrow who was with Southend on loan a couple of months ago is starting in the Premier League today for Fulham, he didn't exactly set the world alight with us so I'm surprised Fulham have decided he's ready to play top flight football.
Alas a loss to Yeovil to bring us back down from the dizzy heights of 15th :tongue: I'm still not sure why on earth we signed Leon Best for the third time on loan. As a genius said today 'Leon Best? More like Leon Worst' :lol:
Reply 443
5-1 away at leeds :grin:
Reply 444
Original post by justanotherposter
Cauley Woodrow who was with Southend on loan a couple of months ago is starting in the Premier League today for Fulham, he didn't exactly set the world alight with us so I'm surprised Fulham have decided he's ready to play top flight football.

Went to school with him, he's a ****.
Original post by CraigWM
Went to school with him, he's a ****.

What a surprise. Is any player not? I'm sure for most young players there's schoolmates who think they were a ****. For instance I went to school with joe mattock - he was a right bully

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 446
Original post by Stiff Little Fingers
What a surprise. Is any player not? I'm sure for most young players there's schoolmates who think they were a ****. For instance I went to school with joe mattock - he was a right bully

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, most footballers were like that, normally due to their own over inflated egos.
Breaking records every week! I like league one...
Original post by hskjlclcn
Breaking records every week! I like league one...

I don't. Somebody end the season now ffs.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah you look set for the title as things stand. Good win for us today and our games in hand over Leyton Orient are getting more and more promising looking by the day. A good 2-0 win against Bradford today. I went to their place earlier in the season when we lost 4-0 so a bog standard win was definitely good enough.

I don't care whether we go up in first or second. As long as we don't have to endure the ****ing play offs again.

Not going to bother with the MK Dons fan who replied to me. Midlander's reply was good enough. Supporting the club that was parachuted in is a conscious choice and legitimises the actions of the owners.
Cellino once again paid the players wages. He's already put in £6,000,000 before even owning the club, and is rewarded by seeing the slackers let 5 in at home...to Bolton? My heart breaks.
Original post by Silver Arrows
Cellino once again paid the players wages. He's already put in £6,000,000 before even owning the club, and is rewarded by seeing the slackers let 5 in at home...to Bolton? My heart breaks.

I assume he thinks the FL will give him the approval which he needs. Which they will, because they don't care who bankrolls what.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 452
Original post by Silver Arrows

Next year, when you get a bunch of Italian loanees, then your fun begins.
Just noticed on Twitter that Blackburn fans managed to get a chicken onto the pitch... again! :lol:

Original post by CraigWM
Next year, when you get a bunch of Italian loanees, then your fun begins.

Have you not had anyone from Grenada?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 455
Have you not had anyone from Grenada?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nah, Caribbean islands aren't too good at football, they're much better at cricket.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CraigWM
Nah, Caribbean islands aren't too good at football, they're much better at cricket.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I did mean the Spanish team also owned by the Pozzos but there we go.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 457
I did mean the Spanish team also owned by the Pozzos but there we go.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah well that's Granada. Big consequences to getting the two mixed up sometimes I'm afraid.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-devon-24705723
Original post by CraigWM
Ah well that's Granada. Big consequences to getting the two mixed up sometimes I'm afraid.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-devon-24705723

Pedant...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 459

Bit harsh of you, poor woman only wanted a holiday.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest