The Student Room Group

The Football League thread II

Scroll to see replies

Fulham have had their transfer embargo lifted by the Football League and are now free to trade in the transfer window.
Didn't know about the Fulham embargo at all. Bobbie Madley is the ref for the Championship final this weekend, that fills me with dread because he has made several high profile mistakes.
Original post by Rock Fan
I just managed to get a ticket for Sheffield Wednesday at Wembley this weekend :biggrin:

Lucky chap :tongue: It seems I didn't manage to get one for Wembley after my good fortune with the semi final. Shame about the way tickets are divided however which means fans miss out - Hull have only sold 25k of their 39k requested allowance (as of initial close of general sale yesterday), they should really reissue them to us or at least charge Hull for failing to sell them.
Original post by nixonsjellybeans
Lucky chap :tongue: It seems I didn't manage to get one for Wembley after my good fortune with the semi final. Shame about the way tickets are divided however which means fans miss out - Hull have only sold 25k of their 39k requested allowance (as of initial close of general sale yesterday), they should really reissue them to us or at least charge Hull for failing to sell them.

Seeems a bit unfair that, I got a bit fortunate that it got down to Monday morning when you had to have 2 games, I was lucky I had done 2 games but still does seem unfair the way it's done.
Seeems a bit unfair that, I got a bit fortunate that it got down to Monday morning when you had to have 2 games, I was lucky I had done 2 games but still does seem unfair the way it's done.

My own fault really as whenever i've bought tickets over the last 2 years I haven't placed them on my client ID number (even the semi-final tickets were bought on a friend's client ID) as generally it brings little benefit to me. So whilst in theory I had enough priority points, I didn't in reality :lol:
Original post by nixonsjellybeans
My own fault really as whenever i've bought tickets over the last 2 years I haven't placed them on my client ID number (even the semi-final tickets were bought on a friend's client ID) as generally it brings little benefit to me. So whilst in theory I had enough priority points, I didn't in reality :lol:

Ah fair enough, you never know I am sure someone will end up wanting to give a ticket away haha.
Darrell Clarke now odds-on for the Leeds job after they made an approach to Bristol Rovers for his services. They are "yet to meet" Rovers' demands yet, though.
Original post by Mackay
Darrell Clarke now odds-on for the Leeds job after they made an approach to Bristol Rovers for his services. They are "yet to meet" Rovers' demands yet, though.

Can't be that stretching, he won't be on mega bucks.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sheffield Wednesday being promoted would also make it 10 years since their arch rivals United were promoted. Creepy.
Great news for Newcastle in the form of Benitez staying. I hope he succeeds and gets them back up at the first time of asking. They will need to have a better luck with injuries, though.
Original post by Mackay

Hope for his sake he doesn't take it. Young, up and coming manager who's doing a cracking job at Bristol. Cellino could destroy any reputation he's building.
I just managed to get a ticket for Sheffield Wednesday at Wembley this weekend :biggrin:

I hope you feel good about cheating Brighton out of a victory at the Amex. :wink:
Original post by SoggyCabbages
I hope you feel good about cheating Brighton out of a victory at the Amex. :wink:

I don't know how Wednesday got away with that first half in the second leg, how they weren't 4 or 5 down by then I will never know.
QPR leading the race to sign Sergi Canos, apparently.
Well here it is, today the Play Off final, will it be Wednesday or will it be Hull?
Well here it is, today the Play Off final, will it be Wednesday or will it be Hull?

I want Wednesday to do it. They "feel" like the big club and it will be fitting they return to PL after so long and after the conclusion of the Hillsborough event.
Want Wednesday to do it, but I can't see past Hull. I doubt any neutral would want to see Hull back in the prem. Shame Brighton couldn't be in this position.
(edited 7 years ago)
Also would rather see Wednesday up in the PL than Hull. God Hull bore me
Hull can **** off. Come on the Wednesday
Original post by Icecream1
I want Wednesday to do it. They "feel" like the big club and it will be fitting they return to PL after so long and after the conclusion of the Hillsborough event.

Original post by Ahmed74
Want Wednesday to do it, but I can't see past Hull. I doubt any neutral would want to see Hull back in the prem. Shame Brighton couldn't be in this position.

Original post by SentryE3D
Also would rather see Wednesday up in the PL than Hull. God Hull bore me

Original post by sr90
Hull can **** off. Come on the Wednesday

Four disappointed people then.

At least Burton will be spared a visit to the 2017 City of Culture. I visited Hull once and it was in desperate need of investment.

Quick Reply

Latest