The Student Room Group

The Football League thread II

Scroll to see replies

Wolves have so far to go to be competitive enough to push for promotion. Seasons away.

But the recovery has begun with Lambert.
Original post by KingHarold
Ed Balls presumably missed many games to strut his stuff on Strictly.

Last night's Ipswich defeat in the FA Cup must have cheered up Norwich fans though. I thought the sending off of an AFC Wimbledon player was a harsh decision- cannot imagine a Manchester United or Chelsea player would have been shown the red card for that offence.

I did have a little giggle, how McCarthy is still in a job is beyond me! Expected Norwich to get trounced last night so a 1-0 defeat was a welcome surprise haha.
Obviously struggling at the moment, but I've been a big fan of Mick McCarthy for a while now. Done well with Ipswich on an absolute shoe string of a budget, and isn't afraid to tell it as it is. Would've loved him at Leeds a couple of years back.
Massive Championship game tonight between Brighton and Sheffield Wednesday.
I'm thinking it's going to be Brightons title. Bar the blip last weekend they look unstoppable. Bit disappointed we weren't able to sign Knockheart up last summer, purely so he couldn't play for them. :biggrin:
Got to feel for Barnsley fans. Not sure on the contract situation but losing Hourihanne and Winnall for less than £2M combined is peanuts in today's market.
So a Newcastle fan thinks that Chris Hughton, who guided them to the Championship title in 2010, will beat Newcastle (and one Rafael Benitez) to the Championship title in 2017. What if Leeds overtake the other automatic spot?
Original post by shawn_o1
So a Newcastle fan thinks that Chris Hughton, who guided them to the Championship title in 2010, will beat Newcastle (and one Rafael Benitez) to the Championship title in 2017. What if Leeds overtake the other automatic spot?

Then I'd cry! If Benitez gets us in the top 2 he's done well for me. You just have to look at the state Norwich and Villa are in to appreciate the job he's done so far (with a huge net profit also,) but we've looked far from convincing recently. I just feel Brighton have the experience of this division and their results across 2016 prove how good they are.

I'm pretty confident of top 2 but Leeds are scaring me a little I must admit.
What an awful tackle by that Sheffield Wednesday player should have been a straight red never mind a second yellow card.
Could we please just win a ****ing game already.
Entirely blame Aston Villa for that one, and them not signing Hourihane earlier.

In all seriousness, a proper championship scrap that and a well deserved win for Barnsley. Hopefully a bit of a reality check and we can kick on from here with a favourable run of fixtures.
Cracking day out at Loftus road, could have done with 3 points but Fulham played poorly and didn't deserve it. Poor Matt Smith didn't get much of a look in at the end.

Nice action off the pitch though..!
Could have done with Hourihane today after our collapse
Original post by The Wavefunction
Obviously struggling at the moment, but I've been a big fan of Mick McCarthy for a while now. Done well with Ipswich on an absolute shoe string of a budget, and isn't afraid to tell it as it is. Would've loved him at Leeds a couple of years back.

Mick is a decent championship manager with promotion potential. God knows why he stays with Ipswich. I guess its where hes from
Original post by The Wavefunction
Got to feel for Barnsley fans. Not sure on the contract situation but losing Hourihanne and Winnall for less than £2M combined is peanuts in today's market.
Couldn't agree more.

Surely the interest would've pushed their prices up?

Wolves shouldv'e bid for Winnall in particular...we released him xD
Hourihane's contract is up end of this season
Original post by trustmeimlying1
Mick is a decent championship manager with promotion potential. God knows why he stays with Ipswich. I guess its where hes from
Couldn't agree more.

Surely the interest would've pushed their prices up?

Wolves shouldv'e bid for Winnall in particular...we released him xD

Pretty sure Mick is from Yorkshire, not East Anglia
Fulham are becoming so frustrating :colonhash: 7 out of 9 penalties missed. Could have gained at least 7/8 points from that which would have put us up in the Play Offs at 5th place or so ughhh. GO BACK CHRIS MARTIN :angry:
Barnsley have signed former Leeds player of the year Alex Mowatt. Mixed feelings on that one.
Original post by shawn_o1

This could happen .... possibly I sense/feel
Sad to see weakened teams in the Cup, even in the Championship. I blame Sam Allerdyce and Alex Ferguson for starting the trend a few years ago.

Quick Reply

Latest